Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM59-RFC destination asking for password which is already provided

former_member283828
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a RFC Destination in ECC 6.0 to connect BIW3.10 and the remote login is working fine without asking any password.

I am trying to create RFC Destination in Tcode-SM59 in BIW 3.10 system to connect to ECC 6.0 .

I have provided following details:

In Technical Details tab: 1)Load Distribution : No

2)Target Host : as per the details of ECC system.

In Logon/Security Tab: 1)Trusted System : No

2) logon details : as per the details of ECC system.

Test Connection is successfull.

But When I try to remote login, instead of logging in directly it is asking for the password of ECC system which I have already provided in logon details of Logon/Security tab of BIW3.10 system.

How do I need to create RFC in BIW3.10 to connect ECC6.0, for which the remote logon donot ask for password.

Thanks and Regards,

kiran Kumar K

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Test Connection is successfull.

"Test connection" is only a ping. It confirms the technical settings are valid, not the authentication and authorizations. The password is not evaluated.

Press Ctrl + F4 in the SM59 destination. This will test the authorizations and to be able to do this will log the user on.

On the ECC side, check in ST22 to see what the shortdump says or in SM20N whether the authentication reason code tells you it was the password.

Most likely the password on the ECC side is longer than 8 characters and / or contains lower-case letters. The 3.10 system is saving this truncating this to 8 characters and converting to UPPER-CASE.

If you set the password to 8 character UPPER-CASE in ECC then it should work.

Cheers,

Julius

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

For better solution post your query in basis section,. This group is mainly for SAP security

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Test Connection is successfull.

"Test connection" is only a ping. It confirms the technical settings are valid, not the authentication and authorizations. The password is not evaluated.

Press Ctrl + F4 in the SM59 destination. This will test the authorizations and to be able to do this will log the user on.

On the ECC side, check in ST22 to see what the shortdump says or in SM20N whether the authentication reason code tells you it was the password.

Most likely the password on the ECC side is longer than 8 characters and / or contains lower-case letters. The 3.10 system is saving this truncating this to 8 characters and converting to UPPER-CASE.

If you set the password to 8 character UPPER-CASE in ECC then it should work.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Make sure to have the user type properly configured in your RFC connections

remember service user does not need a change of password, probably you have the user type mismatch or password mismatch. Also to test it properly give SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW

Follow other experts replies also.

0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think it is user type(service / system) is a problem. since kiran is able to connect from ECC 6.0 to BW 3.0 and the remote login is working fine without asking any password.

How do I need to create RFC in BIW3.10 to connect ECC6.0, for which the remote logon donot ask for password.

if user type was problem, it should not work for both (back & forth)

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

It is unlikely but possible --> if the RZ10 parameter rfc/reject_expired_passwd is set to 1, then this will happen.

Far more likely is downward compatibility problems of the password itself between ECC and BW 3.1. It would actually even make sense.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I will fully agree with Julius actually 100%

0 Kudos

Hi Julius Bussche ,

I have changed the password in ECC side to 8 charactors in capitals and it is working fine.

Regards,

Kiran Kumar K

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

All that is documented in [SAP note 1023437 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1023437].

And you should also see an "info" icon in SU01 when you assign a downwards-incompatible password to an user account. Just click on that "Info" icon and you'll also get some background information.