cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gATP Product Allocation data management

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

We have implemented gATP product allocation funtionality at our client place.

As of now we were maintaining the alocation quantity in the planning book manually.

Just wanted to know whether there are some macro based solutions which can be used to come to automatic allocation quantity.

or some quick upload solution through excel.

Also tell me how do you manage allocation quantity in your projects

whats the best practice.

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav

I am not aware of the best practice. But for our client, we request the commercial team to enter allocation quantities in a flat file and we upload it once a month. The consensus of the volume is decided by the supply and the commercial team incase of constraints and only by the commercial team incase of free supply.

Moreover, we have also written a macro which copies the allocation quantities of the previous bucket to the subsequent bucket so that incase the allocation quantities havenu2019t been added during the upload, there are some allocation quantities which are present to check for allocation. Obviously it works for us, since the supply is more or less constant and the business does not see any capacity expansion in the near future.

I am not sure how much of the above has helped you in deciding on your way forward. But I guess it all depends on your business requirement and scenario.

Rgds, Sandeep

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know what exactly you mean with automatic allocation creation with macros, are you going to use the same values to all periods? If so, you can make a macro that copies the value for previous period into the current one, and extend it to the whole horizon.

You can also make use of the forecasting functionality and use the calculated one as the base for allocation.

There is no real best practice for your question as the allocation quantities itself are really business dependent. You'll need to check out and test. There are many ways to get there, but what is the best scenario for one case does not really mean to be the best one to your.

Hope I could help you,

Luiz Giani