cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption in RRP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are having problem with forecast consumption in APO.We are using Strategy 20 (Planning with final assembly)

When we create sales orders and PGI only for one material in ECC the forecast in APO not getting consumed.(For other materials is working fine)

Integration models are active for sales orders & requirement reduction.

Consumption mode and check mode in Product master is also maintained.

Please give your suggestions.

Thanks

Kanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the process is working fine for one material, it means that application is working fine.

You need to find out the differnences if any for the two matearils in master data settings and also check if the sales orders type, goods issue movements etc, are similar. The master data for the products should also be checked in APO.

Please check any blocked queues also.

Regards

Datta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

I813660
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know which is your SCM version or your SP level, but you'll probably need to run report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST, if you din't have it, you may create it with note 1394136.

Luiz Giani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kanth

Can you check if there is enough forecast for the sales order to be consumed. What i mean is, is there enough forecast quantity in the backward consumption and forward consumption period so that the sales order can consume the same?

Else the sales order consumption is lost.

Can you please confirm?

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta & Sandeep

We have enough forecast.

Now i tried again with activation of my Integration models.Now its getting consumed.

But still have some problems:

Today morning when I have created Sales orders for 100 Qty and PGI for 100 Qty it was not consuming the forecast.After reactivatiuon of all my IM models in cfm2 then i started again creating Sales orders for 50 and PGI for 50 qty.The 50 qty is consumed and i can see in Forecast tab of RRP3.

In MD63 of the ECC, i can see the when i select schedule line tab , here i can find 150 as the withdrawl quantity.In ECC system is Picking 100 QTY (Morning Created) + 50 qty.

I checked in the table PBED , the withdrawal qty is 150.

Where as In RRP3 of apo, i can see the with drawl quantity as only 50 in forecast tab.

There is a difference in with drawl qty between the two systems.How to rectify this problem?

Due to the above problem PIRS are also getting effected.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Kanth

Edited by: kanthck on Jul 8, 2010 6:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you changed the product master settings( STRATEGY) after you released the forecast

Delete the forecast and re release the forecast, this should resolve your issue and your withdrawal and allocation qty will be back.

Also do a CCR for Sales Orders just in case.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luiz Giani

I don't know which is your SCM version or your SP level, but you'll probably need to run report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST, if you din't have it, you may create it with note 1394136.

>We are using SCM 5.0 and suppport package is SAPKY50017.I executed the report mentioned above but no use.

Kumar

We did not change any master data (stretegy).We are using Planning with final assembly in APO Product master.

Delete the forecast and re release the forecast, this should resolve your issue and your withdrawal and allocation qty will be back.

> I already deleted Forecast many times and realeased to SNP but no use same result.I executed CCR also for Sales Orders.

In ECC MB51 and MD63 system is showing 150 Qty as withdrawal Qty.

But in APO Product View in Forecast tab its showing withdrawal as 50 Qty.

Because of this issue there is mismatch of PIRs in ECC which is 1000 and PIRS in Product View as 1100.(Actual PIR or Forecast released from DP is 1150 for current week)

Please give your advice.

thanks

kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanth.

So as identified by you the consumption mismatch for this product is due to difference in withdrawal quantity.

Can you please check SAP note 852030. SAP has suggested ways to manage withdrawal quantities.

Hope this will help to reconcile the data.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vibhav

Thanks for your Reply.

I have gone through the Note 852030.

Solution in the Note

Implement the correction instructions contained in this note.

Before you implement the correction instructions, you must define the Z_DEL_WITHDRAWL report in the system.

But over version is SCM 5.0, but this note is valid til SCM 4.1 Version.

1) I executed /SAPAPO/MD74 for that material, now i dont see Withdrawal Quantity in APO as well ECC. How to get those with drawal qty again?What report i need to run to see the Consistent withdrawl quantity in the Both System?

2) How to create and run Z_DEL_WITHDRAWL Report in SCM 5.0?

Please kindly advice.

Thanks

Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanth,

/n/SAPAPO/MD74 is used for deletion of forecast, how you deleted withdrawal quantities? I think once deleted then withdrawal quantities can not be retrieved.

SAP has provided report Z_DEL_WITHDRAWL to delete withdrawals quantities. Can you raise OSS and check if this note applicable for your system or do SAP need to extend its application. I think this should be applicable.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vibhav

>n/SAPAPO/MD74 is used for deletion of forecast, how you deleted withdrawal quantities? I think once deleted then withdrawal quantities can not be retrieved.

I went into /SAPAPO/MD74 Provided Location and Product.

Selected Requirment Strategy and Requirents date for the current week.Flagged Display Log, Delete Orders & Send Deletion to the ERP.

Executed this transaction.

Result: With Drawal Qty got deleted in the Both Systems?

IN ECC even withdrawal qty deleted from PBED Table and In APO it was deleted from the table /SAPAPO/DP_HEAD & /SAPAPO/DP_SCHED.

Now again i want get correct withdrawl qty into APO as well ECC.

>SAP has provided report Z_DEL_WITHDRAWL to delete withdrawals quantities. Can you raise OSS and check if this note applicable for your system or do SAP need to extend its application. I think this should be applicable.

If we delete using report z_del_withdrawal , this report also delete withdrawal qtys from the data base as mentioned in the note.(Please correct me if i am wrong)

How to retreive back with consistent drawal quanties back in ECC and APO?Thanks in advance.

Regards

Kanth

Edited by: kanthck on Jul 9, 2010 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why you need withdrawal qty in system again. We use this report and never tried to retrieve it,

I think once deleted then withdrawal quantities can not be retrieved.

Best regards,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhav

I really appreciate for your time and reply.

>Why you need withdrawal qty in system again. We use this report and never tried to retrieve it,

If Withdrawal Qty is not available or retrieved for the planning time bucket then what i assume is Consumption logic is wrong. please correct me if i am wrong.

Example: Forecast for the week is 1000 qty you did pgi for 200 qty.Then forecast gets consumed and foreacast would be 800.In my case my with drawl qty is deleted, and i again released the Forecast from DP to SNP, then in Product view it will show 1000 qty for Current Week instead of 800.

please help.

>I think once deleted then withdrawal quantities can not be retrieved.

Any report to retrieve back the withdrawal qty?

please comment.

Thanks

kanth

Edited by: kanthck on Jul 9, 2010 6:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kanth,

If I take your example,

Original forecast = 1000, Sales order = 200, So consumed forecast = 200 and unconsumed = 800. Now when you run /SAPAPO/MD74 without selecting "delete orders" option then system deletes only unconsumed forecast i.e. 800 in your case. Thus you will have consistent situation in the system.

In this situation you should release only demand of 800 to SNP, as your total demand is reduced. If withdrawal quantities are not in the system then you are right, the consumption situation will be wrong and then you have to delete total forecast from SNP before new release (using "delete orders" option).

I am not aware of any report to retrieve withdrawal qty.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Vaibhav