cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have some interfaces in production that use IDOC's through RFC Destinations, both inbound and outbound. There is a project underway to upgrade the hardware of the R3 box that XI talks to.

If for example XI connects through a RFC Destination called XXXCLNT200 to the old system and the new upgraded system is going to have the same RFC name what do we need to do to change XI looking from the old system to the new system?

I am hoping that we can delete the OLD RFC Destination XXXCLNT200 and create a new one called the same name but pointing to the new system. Once this is done XI will now be pointing at the new system without having to import any changes.

Is my thinking correct on this or will a transport be required to change the destination?

Thanks

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think all you need to do is edit the RFC destinations, keeping the same names with the new system details

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you help.

That has eased my mind a lot.

Gareth

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an activity for upgrading R3 system :

If Host name, IP, Port, user id & password will be changed , which you are using in RFC Destination, Only at that time you need to make changes in Existing RFC Destination for creating connection.

No need to create new RFC Destination, old RFC destination will work.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can't create the request for this and what you all to do is, to maintain a documentation and try creating with the same in Upgraded system. So, you dont have to think on it much.

Regards

PY.