cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add external supplier dosen't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

in SRM 7.0 via EP, into Strategic Purchasing tab -- Business Partner -- Create Business Partner -- Supplier,

the button Add external supplier dosen't work.

Nothing appare. Is there some operations of customizing to define before?

regards

andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

I have got same problem as yours.

I don't think it is an authorization problem: i gave a SAP_ALL profile to my user.

I am checking in SAP documentation. Found nothing yet.

Maybe you could open an OSS message to SAP.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To have valid button choices for this button to work, the user has to have OPI catalogs defined in user attributes "CAT" (via PPOMA_BBP).

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is possible to define OPI cat?

regards

andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be the same process as adding OCI catalog. You would first create an entry in BBP_WS_ENTITY_V for your OPI catalog, marking "Business Type of Web Service" as "Supplier directory". Then in PPOMA_BBP, define this OPI catalog in your user's CAT attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's not "supplier directory" but only "supplier list". Have i to define also http parameters? Becouse it (supplier list) dosen't work.

thanks

regards

andrea

Edited by: andrea brescia on Jul 8, 2010 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's not "supplier directory" but only "supplier list".

This might be due to translation. Just make sure it is the second item from the top of the drop down list of "Bus. Type of Webservice".

After you define the OPI catalog, define this web service ID as the value of your user attribute CAT through PPOMA_BBP.

Now test the button choice "Add External Supplier From" and see if the OPI service shows up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

correctly done ad you wrote, but nothing occurs after the click.

Now i'd like to know if

i need to complete also tab

Additional Function in vendor list

and tab

Technical Settings

Tab Bus. Type of .... has been filled in as you told me.

but nothing appares....

In ppoma_bbp i've selected related value into CAT tab.

regards

andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid that I have to repeat myself here.

1) Transaction SM30, with view name BBP_WS_ENTITY_V. Maintina the view. Click on "New Entries".

Give your web service a name, e.g. "Test OPI Catalog", a description, and Bus. Type of Webservice from the dropdown list "supplier directory" (or "supplier list" in your case. The second from the top in the dropdown list).

In "Technical setting" section, you have to enter the correct information for your OPI catalog, e.g. Technical Type of Service = HTML, Logical system of the catalog, etc. Save the entry.

2) Give the web service name you just defined above to the CAT attribute of your user or the purchasing group the user belongs to, through transaction PPOMA_BBP.

Now, click on the button "Add external supplier from" on WebDynpro page for creating supplier and hold for a second or two, there should be a dropdown sub-button with your new OPI catalog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you're defining your supplier list web service call structure, what are you putting in as the standard or integrated call structure?

I think we should be putting in the ros_prescreen of SUS (in SRM 4.0 we did this)? But when I do that, I don't get a transfer button in ros_prescreen to transfer the bp data via OPI to SRM from SUS. Not sure if things changed in SRM 7.0.

Answers (0)