cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you worked on Routines and Requirements in Pricing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SD Gurus,

Have your worked on Routines and Requirements in Pricing?

and

Have you worked on any Enhancements?

and

What are user exits? When do you use it? How do you use it? How do you work with an abaper regarding this work related to userexits?

The above three questions i faced recently.

Please give more emphasis on explanation, procedure and real time examples from your project data. Please answer this question ASAP. Looking forward for your express reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreenivas Peruru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find below on my answers!

>Have your worked on Routines and Requirements in Pricing?

yes.

Routines and Requirements in Pricing are used to check a specific logic (Whether a predefined condition is satisfied or not) in order to apply a certain price condition type.

Eg:

I have a discount type (Say ZX01) where it should be applicable if the customer group is 001. In that case I can ask my ABAP person to code a routine to apply the routine if customer group is 001. That code is called as a Requirement Routine in Pricing. You can code those under the transaction VOFM.

Then you need to assign that to your condition type in the pricing procedure as well.

How to Transport / Generate Routines automatically in each client

You can use 2 methods.

1- In the Transport Organizer you can manually add the following entry to the parent Workbench Request for the Routine. R3TR XPRA RV80HGEN

This automatically executes report [RV80HGEN] after the Transport Request has been imported into the target system. Please refer SAP Note 22808 for more detail.

2 - Alternatively, you can apply SAP Note 598475 to your development system.

This effect a change in VOFM, automatically adding the entry above to each Workbench Request created from VOFM.

Either method can be used to generate VOFM routines in the target client automatically, where as you donu2019t need to ask basis to open the client & generate it in each client with new access keys. Itu2019s more user-friendly to ask Basis consultant to apply second correction note in your development client at the very beginning. (Because it automatically generates the routine in the target client after transporting, where as in the first method you always have to modify the transport request before releasing)

>Have you worked on any Enhancements?

Yes.

Enhancement points are kind of alternative for user exits. SAP has given some enhancement points in the standard code, where ABAP person can code / enhance the functionality from that point. It's again a ABAP persons job to find those enhancement points.

>What are user exits?

User exit is another way of ABAP person can enhance/ do specific work by triggering it. Those also provided by SAP for ABAP person to code it according to the requirement.

>How do you use it? How do you work with an abaper regarding this work related to userexits?

Either functional person can find the relevant user exit and can advice ABAP person to code it according to the requirement.Else functional person can help him to set break points in the code to check whether relevant user exit get triggered for a specific transaction. If it get triggered, ABAP person can code that user exit accordingly.

Please refer below link for all SD user exits.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDUserexits

Hope it will help you!

Best regards,

Anupa

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sreenivas,

Enhancement can be a new development which you are doing in your current existing project.

For example: Already the country Germany is using the an interface which will send a set of detail about a list of customers who had exceeded their credit limit.Now you have received a new enhancement request from the business to design a similar interface which shows similar details for the country BELGIUM , with some minor modification in the output of the report depending on the requirement of that sales organisation.

So , you can use the existing code in such a way that for the country BELGIUM ,the report is produced as per the specific requirements.

Enhancement could also be a new report design.

Does that make sense...?

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Let me try to explain ...

Requirements in Pricing: Its basically a piece of code written by an ABAPer which can me mentioned in the Reqt coloumn of the pricing procedure.We define a condition in routine code. Only when the condition is met, the relevant condition type or procedure is applied / executed.

FOr eg: We can assign a particular routine say 999 to a pricing procedure .In that we can mention that the system should apply some discounts only when the net price of the item is greater than 10,000.

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman