cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue on Network assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

My requirement is to create few network heads under projects definition,. Networks having activities which assigned to 2nd level wbs elements of the same project.

Im using activity assigned networks.

Configured project profile u2013 plg board/dates tab u2013 network assignment as 1(project definition) & also project is defined to be in one root.

When I select wbs element & create activity, network is created & assigned to that same WBS element that I have selected, But I want network to be attached to project definition & activity to be assigned to WBS.

Please advice how I can sort out this. your inputs are highly appreciated

Kind regards,

Sam L.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I think this is standard behaviour of system, Rather you can create Network at project defination and then go to activity overview and create activites and assign them to all WBSe where required.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

-Call up the network header.

-Enter a project definition on the Assignments tab and remove WBS from the same.

-Enter.

With Regards

Nitin p.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

Thanks for quick response.

By doing that manually I could assign Network to project defn.

Would it be possibe to assign the network to proj. definition by default, when it is being created.?? do I need to do more configuration for this??

Please advice.

Thanks & regards,

Sam L.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Gautam, If you assign( Create ) network activity to WBS and as part of it if netwrok is getting created than it takes WBS Element in assgnment tab because till the time in assignment tab WBS as well as Proejct defination is there precedence is for WBS Element by system design ( This you can verify by Basic Dates : If you entered a project definition and a WBS element the date from the WBS element are used.)

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Gauthan & Nitin.

Is it possible to create Network whish is assigned to project definition, while it is being created??

System doesn't allow to create Networks assign to project definition.

only way is create activity for WBS element, get create Network(NW) & manualy delete the WBS asignment field on asignment tab.

is this the only method that I can assign NW to project definition??? please advice.

Best Regds,

SAM L

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your requirement is conflicting and ambiguous

go and read the SAP help related to the network header assignment 1 (to PD) and 2 (to WBS) for more clarity