Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Alert Configuration

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on configuring Alerts. I have also gone thru all the previous blogs on Alerts. I need to clarify on certain points. I have done the alerts a couple of days back and I was able to receiver the message in the Alert inbox. But suddenly now I am trying to test this one but I am not able to receive any alerts.Please guide as to what would be the issue .As per previous blogs

1> i have checked in SLG1 and I cant see any messages - Does this mean that the alerts are not getting trigerred.

2>Under ALRTDISP - I can see the messages which I had generated yesterday but for todays messages I dont see anything.Although i get a error message in SXMB_MONI.

Please guide as to what needs to be done .I also changed suppress multiple rules check box in Alert configuration as per one of the blogs and tested it but still the same issue.

Yesterday we have done the SCOT configuration to trigger mail to mail server . Has it anything to do with this. I mean is it that once u configure the mail box you dont receive the message under Alert Inbox.Please guide on the same.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

answered

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I mean is it that once u configure the mail box you dont receive the message under Alert Inbox.

Either of the two (Mail or Alert Inbox) receives the error message.....error wont come into both of the applications.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean that once SCOT is done..it will trigger a mail and I wont receive any alert in the inbox. Please correct me in case I am wrong in my understanding.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also I dont see any message in SLG1. Does this mean that the alert is not getting generated. Please guide me as to what more trouble shooting needs to be done to solve this.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
it will trigger a mail and I wont receive any alert in the inbox

yes, in normal case.

If you want both of them then check if Bhavesh' reply helps you:

Also I dont see any message in SLG1.

Did you enable logging in ALRTCATDEF (Write Log): http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9c/34193cb4f5131de10000000a11405a/content.htm

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member10771
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I came across one thing just now. Actually when i go to ALRTDISP transaction. I can see the old alert message which was generated. now when I do some changes and then againt trigger a message I can see that the old message has gor updated with the new descriotion which I had changed in ALRTCATDEF.Is it that the same message is getting over wrtitten and as a result not able to send the message to Alert inbox.

Can I get that message deleted from ALRT DISP the old one..

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Can I get that message deleted from ALRT DISP the old one

Yes you can delete the message.