cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody please provide me some examples of real time business scenarios where we would be creating a return order with reference to the Sales Order?

Regards

Deepak Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody for the vital inputs.

Regards

Deepak Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

There are some reason to returns the good link

1) Expired Goods

2) Non Salebale Goods

3) Damage Goods,

4) Excess Goods receipt from Plant

5) Repacking etc......

Regards,

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks everybody for the replies.I think i was not clear in explaining my question i know that the return order can be created with reference to Sales order as well as Invoice. what i need to know is the business scenario when the return order will be created with reference to the order and not invoice?

Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Thanks and Regards

Deepak Joshi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create the Return order either with reference to the Sales order or Billing document.

You can also create without any reference also.

As you have created the Return order with reference to the Sales order in your case.

That means your customer has returned the goods physically.

Now, you have to compensate your customer either by replacing the faulty goods or by issuing a Credit memo.

If, you want to replace the faulty goods , then create an order "Subsequent Deliver Free-of-charge (SDF)" with reference to the "Return order (RE)" for the required quantities and follwed by a Delivery.

If , you want to issue a Credit memo, then Create a "Credit for Return (RE)" with reference to the "Return order (RE)"

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what i need to know is the business scenario when the return 
    order will be created with reference to the order and not invoice?

In case, the billing is order related, we can create a return order due to the fact that quantity may not vary in billing against the original sale order. In case of delivery related billing, in all probabilities, since sale order quantity and billing quantity will differ, return order should always be created with reference to billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipati,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. It answers my question to a great extent. If possible could you please provide an example in the real time business.

Regards

Deepak

Edited by: Deepak Joshi on Jul 8, 2010 2:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Return Sales Order is created based on the Reference Sales order if the Material is defective or Damaged in Transit

And also there may be scenario where the Excess materials are delivered to the customer and in case customer hast to return those parts to the business

thanks

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

It is in any general business customer returns goods for different reasons like material damage, or poor quality .....

you can find this on order reason field in the document.

I suggest you check out previous forums for better info on this

balu