cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should not allow to add more than one PY and BP in customer master partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per standards, now system allows to add more than one payer and bill-to to any sold-to customer in customer master data partner function data tab.

Now the requirement is:

One sold-to customer should have only one Payer (PY) and one Bill-to (BP) in Partner Functions data tab of customer master and the system should not allow anyone to add more than one PY and BP.

Please help me to solve about issue.

Thanks,

Adikesav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In set up for partner determination for the customer

> IMG - SD - Basic Function - Partner Determination - Set Up Partner Determination - (choose Set Up Partner Determination for Customer Master)

There in Partner Function Node.

Against you desired partner function (Payer - PY and one Bill-to party - BP) activate (put tick/check mark) in UNIQUE check box (Uniqueness in the master data indicates whether you can use this partner function only once in the customer master data) .

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI JP,

Thanks for sharing it, yes it is the standard way of doing it.

Note: I was wrong by saying it to maintain authorizations.

balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for you help and support.

My Special thanks to JP.

My issue is solved.

hence iam closing thread.

Regards,

Adikesav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is common business practice and SAP standard to have multiple bill-to, payers, ship-tos (except for sold-to) parties. This is in place because of businesses (customers) complex organisational structure.

For example, imagine that you are selling to a multinational company with headquarters in one country and offices around the world; each individual office can place orders but perhaps payment can come from either the individual office or headquarter.

There are thousands of different business scenarios that justify having more than one. I strongly suggest that before you limit the configuration of partner functions you check with the entire business to ensure that absolutely no customer works with one of those scenarios.

Hope this helps as well,

Kikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can achieve this by creating authorizations

balu