Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary to secondary, and secondary to primary

marcio_blos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi people...

I have an unusual situation.

My customer is very stubborn. He is building a new factory, and he wants to see your capital investment project in two structures, despite contrary recommendations. The opeartive structure is organized by phases, where one WBS Element receives costs of three diferent primary costs elements. At period-end-closing, the actual costs will be settled to another structure organized by buildings, but he want to see all three primary costs elements on only one secondary cost element. This WBS element on the second structure will be settled to Asset Under Construction. I configured in Allocation Structure a Settlement cost element to the receiver WBS. So, in the operative structure we can see detailed costs by phase and activity (primary cost elements), and in the second structure, the costs of any phase by buildings (secondary costs).

It's correct? Are there another way?

In the second structure, can I do the settlement of the secondary cost element to the AuC on the original primary cost element?

Thanks.

Blos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you approach seems fine

when you settle the second structure to AuC use an external settlement cost element (as you posting from secondary to primary)

However your asset will not have the detailed line items of 3 original postings on the first structure against the 3 primary cost elements - you can get from reporting

If you want the original postings then you cannot use this processa and also the IM profile will have to be line item and not summary