cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UAR - ERM Role Usage Synchronization Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Is it possible to schedule the Role Usage Synchronization job in ERM to run quarterly. Right now ERM only gives me the option to run the job on an ad hoc basis. The client would like to run the User Access Review quarterly and this is one of the steps in order to generate the UAR requests.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kunal,

As far as I've seen, the Role Synchronization job is manual and not able to be scheduled. I'd really be happy if someone found a workaround for scheduling.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, that's what I figured, but do you think it's possible to limit the scope of the review to certain systems, roles?

Does that functionality exist?

Thanks,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can use the UAR Load Data Tasks to create custom tasks that enable you to

choose a subset of users to review based on parameters such as critical level, role name,

user group, and so on

Regards

-Ranjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

That makes sense. I tried using that and creating a Function Area flag for the roles I wanted to include. When I ran the analysis, results did not populate. Looking at the error log it showed that the role id was not found.

Where does the role information get pulled from?

Here's one line of many with the object being the role name:

WARN com.virsa.ae.uarreview.UARReviewUserRoleHandler : getRoleIdByDispName : : role id doesnt exist : com.virsa.ae.core.ObjectNotFoundException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kunal,

Using the UAR loda data tasks job under user review requires you to implement ERM whereas just running the role usage sync job with the UAR Review Load Data background job just requires you to configure ERM at bare minimum.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kunal,

In the CUP UAR Data Load, try de-selecting the Role Critical Level (High, Medium, Low). This was causing me problems in the past.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, but I did not check any of the boxes.