cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP to File scenario : Mail to be send on file transfer success

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a FTP Sender channel, which polls several files from a given folder. On the target system II have a FS Receiver channel, the scenario just transfer the files unchanged. What I want to achieve is to have a kind of email notification to specified recipient when the files are (being) transferred to the target system. Actually, I can put another Mail Receiver channel, but the mail will contain the payload files (XIPAYLOAD) - something that I would like to avoid - pure text notification is desired.

Best Regards,

Lalo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

then look for the mail package for the same..which can send the required message..

Here you need to use the EOIO sequence otherwise there is a chance that file adapter fails ..but still mail will get trigger..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Going with your own suggest approach just create a second message and generate a custom message e.g. File Name or some identifier and give it some body and pass that to the second receiver.

regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies - it is exactly what I did - just mapped the static content to an email. However, the incoming FTP channel is EO, but outgoing FS and Mail channels marked as EOIO, and the messages there as sawn in RWB are staying in status "Holding" - so nothing is received on FS and Mail. Any idea on this ?

BR,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Yep, I can send the email, but actually I am wondering how to avoid adding in the email the already read from the source FTP files, which are anyhow part of the payload. In Mail adapter settings, if I put XIALL, the whole envelope+payload will be put, in XIPAYLOAD - only the payload. What I want to achieve is to have only text mail without any attachments - is it possible ?

BR,

Lalo

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What I want to achieve is to have only text mail without any attachments - is it possible ?

Just map the message to the Content node of Mail Package.....map it as constant.....then your mail will have just this message....any chance keep attachment option is used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lalo

What i suggested above was that you create a custom target structure (your mail body) only pass what you want to pass to this new structure and once you send this as payload/attachment it won't have your original file in it .... cause it will be your new message going only based on your new structure/customized message. I hope it is making sense?

regards