Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Not Working in PI

ADIDAS
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading our middleware from XI to PI. While testing scanarios using BPM we are runing into issues. We keep on getting the error.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">UNKNOWN_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>No object type found for the message. Check that the corresponding process is activated An exception has occurred.</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

From the error message it looks that the BPE process is not getting activated. But SXI_CACHE shows the process and the status is 0. Also we have checked the configurations using SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING and everything looks fine.

Any thoughts.

Regards,

Arunava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

try to restart BPEngine SWF_XI_ADM_BPE it should help, of course full cahce refresh before restart.

Regards

Maciej

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

if you still looking for answer to this question, i think that you have chossed wrong interface in receiver determination. it should be Abstract interface. i had the same problem

Regards

Maciej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arunava,

Are you creating the scenarios a fresh post upgrade, or you are using the same scenarios? In the first case, you must take care of the design and configuration. You carry out a test Configuration in the Directory.

But in the later case you go ahead with re-activating the scenarios and also do a cache refresh. If this do not work, then restart the BPE using tcode SWF_XI_ADM_BPE.

Regards,

Sugata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunava,

I had a similar problem - first thing to say is that the message is exactly descriptive of what is happening - the BPM does not recognize the message your are sending and so does not start - it is most likely a namespace or root tag issue.

Make sure that ALL of your directory configuration is correct and if necessary, delete it all and start again - it only takes a few minutes.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u check the 'batchuser' is active?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But SXI_CACHE shows the process and the status is 0.

Sometimes even after the CACHE status is 0, the BPM can go into error.

1) Perform re-activation of the BPM in SXI_CACHE ..... a XML can be generated for your BPM in SXI_CACHE itself....check if this XML shows you all the IR objects (mappings and interfaces) which are there in the BPM.

2) Delete the errored instance from SWWL and then test

2) Make dummy changes to the ID objects and activate

3) If still it does not work then re-import the BPM into ID (i.e. recreate the ID objects)

Regards,

Abhishek.