cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to filter records during import to Qualified table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a Material Repository which has a Qualified Table named -"Material Description".and other fields .

The Fields in the Qualified table are : Country (No Qualifier), Language(No Qqualifier), Description (Yes Qualifier), Translation Indicator(Yes Qualifier, Boolean value ) .

While importing maintable record is it possible that if the Translation Indicator value in incoming file is " Y" only then the qulaified table import will happen . If Translation Indicator value is "N" then other fields in Main Table will get imported but no import will happen in Qualified table .

Please reply .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabuddha,

As per my understanding, i feel that you need to have new source structure which should have all your fields of Qualified Table named -"Material Description" and one field of main table(Display field) say Material Number on the basis of which you need to import your qualified table fields.

Scenario: As you have already main table records (all other fields) except your qualified table records imported in your main table using some other map and source structure which does not have qualified table fields.

Now in order to import Qualified table with condition Translation Indicator value, you need to make use of MDM Workflow.

Start(Checkout)>Branch Step(based no conditon(validation) if Translation Indicator value = Y)>Stop1(CheckIn) Record Saved.

-

> if Translation Indicator value = N--->Stop2(Rollback) Records not committed(saved) in MDM

Use this workflow trigger action on Record Import and use this workflow during import using configuration options of Import Manager and then Saved this in your Import Map. So in this manner, you will get desired result.

Note: Even you can use the same source structure with two maps; in 1st map, map all the fields of your source structure except Qualified tables fields. Now for 2nd map, map only Qualified table (all fields Non-Q and Q) with only one main table display field like Material Number which should use MDM Workflow as suggested above.

Regards

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

I just have a doubt .

You are saying that we can check

Translation Indicator value = Y)-->Stop1(CheckIn) Record Saved.

-

> if Translation Indicator value = N--->Stop2(Rollback) Records not committed(saved) in MDM

but qualified is always multivalued then how you can check this value if first record contains Y and second record contains Y

OR

You are considering there will be only one qualified record coming for maintable.

Mine understanding is right or i m thinking in wrong direction

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

You are right, this will work perfectly if there is only one qualified record coming for main-table.

Yes i missed multiple qualified records scenario, here i think may be this is not possible.

One thing I want to share which is coming in my mind that if we make this field values as Integer: Translation Indicator value = 0 or 1 rather then Y or N. I mean 0 for Y and 1 for N. We can write a validation and put it in Branch Step of MDM Workflow where validation is IF(SUM(Translation Indicator value)) >=1 then record should not committed. As if for all of the qualified links has value = Y, I mean 0 then these qualified table records saved as (sum if any 0's will be 0) and if it has 1 then record should not be saved in Qualified table. I know for such a scenario if any of the Qualified links has value 1 then none of the qualified links will not saved . I mean say a material has 3 qualified links and 2 has value 0 and one has value 1 so as per condition(validation ) here it will not allow to save any of the qualified link (remaining 2 which should be saved, is not going to save). So really need to think out of box

If somehow i come across any solution for this will share with you.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Yes you are also right .I suggested the same thing in some earlier thread.By this we can achieve that we want.

@mandeep : did you check that link that i sent you on mail.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhansu,

However my requireme nt is not to reject/rollback the entire record if Translation Indicator is "N" . Only the qualified data will not be saved/imported, rest of the main table fields will exist . In other words the material record will exist without the qualified link id Trans Indicator is "N".

Prabuddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabudha,

Is yr prob solved or you still need some input from our side.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhansu,

Problem is not solved . As suggested by you if I design a workflow to rollback the record if Translation Indicator is "N" the entire record will not be saved in MDM. But I need the other fields of the record to exist in MDM even if Translation Indicator is "N". Only the qualified table data needs to be rolled back/deleted/not imported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabudha,

As suggested by mandeep either you have all maintable data already exist in repository and this tim you are importing only qualified data then its possible

OR

If you are also importing maintable data and qualified dfata at one time then you have to create two map in which first map

will import maintable record and second will do qualified table record.In this way you can achieve what you want.

If you still need some clarificationn then please get back to us.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

to me using MDM workflow and rolling out the records if the boolean qualifier is No would be further complicating for the MDM users/data stewards. Instead we can try to build a logic in the source file preparation or middleware to suppress the records based on above condition.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is not possible .

First thing we have to use workflow to check the values as there is no possibility to check Y and N values in import.

Second ,i dont think we can discard particular qualified records through validation we can discard whole record not only qualified records.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu