cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ESE 1.1 in 64 bit environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have installed ESE 1.1 and it gives me the option to browse through the available Service Definitions in Services Registry from my Visual Studio 2005 project. But when I click 'Finish' in that console after selecting a service, it does not add the SAP Enterprise Service as a reference. It does blink like it added but nothing shows up. In the Event Viewer I see the following error:

*start of error log*

1) Exception Information

Exception Type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

ErrorCode: -2147352567

Message: Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

TargetSite: System.Object get_Value()

HelpLink: NULL

Source:

StackTrace Information

at EnvDTE.Property.get_Value()

at SAP.ESE.UI.VSExtensibility.m_selectionEvents_OnChange()

*end of error log*

My machine is on a 64 bit OS and so has two program files folder (one with x86) which is normal for windows 7 64-bit machines. Is that an issue? Because I cannot find any other setting or installation issue. I tried directing the installation of ESE 1.1 to both Program Files folder but the problem remains. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Vista Enterprise 64 bit with SP2 and i was able to use the SAP ESE 1.1 and generate the proxy for "Web Reference".

(installed it last week and tested it again today).

The error you have copied to your post does not seems relevant for my opinion, it is realted to the "show/hide" of the AddIn in Visual Studio, but if you are able to use the AddIn i believe you can ignore it.

i have a few questions to you that might help:

1. Are you using locale different then english ? (operating system or MSFT Visual studio)

2. Are you trying to generate "Web Reference" or "Service Reference" proxy?

3. Are you able to generate both "Web Reference" & "Service Reference" proxies for non SAP eSOA services ?

thanks,

Nadav