Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM: Importing Derived Roles Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

It appears that if I download and mass import 1 derived role at a time, the ERM mass import works perfectly. But, if I download the same successful derived roles and import them together, the ERM mass import does not import all the role details. Instead, it drops the role description and long description.

This problem occurs if I upload 2 or more derived roles at a time.

Any ideas?

System Details: GRC AC SP12, VIRSANH 12, VIRSAHR 10.

-Dylan

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Have you uploaded master role before uploading the derived role.??

Thanks & Regards

Gangadhar

0 Kudos

Hello Gangadhar, Yes, parent roles were loaded first.

0 Kudos

Just an FYI that SAP answered the OSS Message for this issue stating that they are aware of the problem and are targeting a fix in SP14.

Best regards, Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan -

We have found a work around for this, but before I list the steps let me not be presumptuous in my explanation as you must have both the parent roles uploaded in ERM in addition to updating the "Primary Org. Level File" with the appropriate data prior to loading the derived roles.

Upon downloading the derived roles from the backend, 3 files are exported [Bulk File, Info File & Org File] and this is true for all roles that are exported. However, only when derived roles are exported will the Org File be populated with data (i.e. role name). This makes sense because the only time this Org File is needed is when you import derived roles, all other roles only require the Bulk & Info File.

Our guess was the way it was supposed to work is that the Org values were supposed to be exported into this file with the role names, however the Org Level & Value fields are blank. We tried multiple combination of populating this file, but continued to get the same import error. We eventually figured out a way to update this file to pull in all of the Org level data:

*NOTE we found the most success with Mass Import files with the following extension: Bulk - .txt, Info - .xls, Org - .xls

As stated before, the derived role Org file auto-populates the role names that were downloaded. In the 'Derived Orl Level' & 'From Value' fields you need only populate the first value from the 'AGR_1252' table listed in the Bulk file.

Example:

In the Bulk file we have a role: ZD:HR_AT_ANALYST and the first value listed for line AGR_1252 is the client number+role name then the Derived Orl Level and Value. So we populated our Org file to look like this.

Role Name --->>> Derived Org Level --->>> From Value

ZD:HR_AT_ANALYST --->>> KORSS --->>> NRPC

ZD:HR_BN_PAYROLL_DSPLY --->>> PERSA --->>> *

ZD:HR_PY_AT_ANALYST --->>> BURKS --->>> NRPC

If the file is populated this way, somehow it magically picks up the remaining Org Level Data for role when loaded. So the file does not have to actually have all of the values for each role. I can be tedious to sift through the bulk file for the values, but there are quick ways to do it in excel.

Hope this helps,