cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make the ship to party default on an SD STO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Although I have years of experience in SAP this is my first venture into the SD area so my apologies if my question is too simple (easy points for someone).

The issue is that when creating a sales order using VA01 with a document type (YKX1). YKX1 is defined as a consignment stock transport order. The ship to party is not defaulting in the header.

Process:

- transaction VA01 screen enter appropriate data and press enter

- pop-up screen requesting the sending ship to and the receiving ship to (enter data and green check)

- overview screen appears with a blank ship to party.

The expectation is that the ship to on the over view screen would be that of the sending ship to. Is there a way to configure this? Also the customer master has both sending ship-to and receiving ship-to numbers with the SH partners.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the customer master partner functions, where you assigned the ship-to numbers, there is a check box for default. Can you try checking the box for the ship-to number that you want to see in the overview screen.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I'll try that. That means though that they would need to determine which one they want as a default and know they would need to manually change it if the ship to is the other one.

Is there any setup I can do for the VA01 transaction that would use the ship to entered in the pop-up box to fill the ship to on the overview screen?

Sandra

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The user can just double click on the ship-to number in the pop-up box to fil in the over view field.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

That does not work for me. When I double click on that field it says enter a valid function.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SD.

Sandra, that tick box you shouldnt double clik just tick it. Also did I misread your issue: are you saying that after selecting the ship-to party in the pop-up screen it does not populate the ship-to field in the sales order overview screen?

After you tick the right ship-to to default, then tht particular ship-to will be "pre-selected" in the pop-up screen so all you hv to is enter.

Please let us know

Kikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kikas,

Thank you for the welcome to SD -

There is not a box for me to tick... And yes you got it right. This is exactly what I enter....

VA01 : Create Sales Order : initial screen

order type YKX1

ORG Data

sales org

dist channel

division

press enter

I get a pop-up screen "Enter dealer transfer information"

I enter

order reason (mandatory)

sending ship-to (mandatory)

receiving ship to

sales analysis period (mandatory)

there are no tick boxes on this screen. I click on the green check (continue)

I get the over view screen where the ship to is blank.

Regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sandra,

In customer master, partner functions tab you can give details of different partners you would like to assign to your customer.

So if you more than one ship to party you can enter his details here. And if you want to make one particular Ship to party as default you put tick mark against it in that particular tab, so when you raise an order system picks that ship to party number by default.

else if you want a pop up when creating order in VA01 you don't put any tick mark in partner function tab in customer master, then system throws a pop up screen with assigned ship to parties9 which can be selected by double clicking it) at time of raising order throughVA01

Hope this clears you doubt

note: Though you maintain default tick in customer master..pop up screens come when raising order to select from available ship to parties...to select default one you just need to press enter else double click on others as per requirement

Balu

Edited by: balajisapsd on Jul 9, 2010 1:03 PM