cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to newly created client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

I installed ECC6.0 SR2. While tryhing to do post installation steps, im not allowed to login to newly created client using SCC4. I have done all the steps using the following link.

still no use.

Can you anybody help me to get this fixed?

Any solution will be rewarded greatly.

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vima,

I suppose you didn't activate the new profile. Pls. do as follows:

Login to RZ10 and select ultilities->import profiles->of active servers.

You will get a "Profile Check Log" which gives you some hint on parameters that should be adjusted, You don't need to pay to much attention to this for your current problem, simply press F3 to return to the previous screen.

Select the "Profile" listbox and press F4 to see a list of the profiles you imported. Select the "instance" profile in the "Edit Profile" box, select "Extended Maintenance" and go for "Change".

Select the parameter "no..." as mentioned in earlier post and check whether it is set to "0" Save the profile anyway and return with F3. In the primary screen of RZ10 press "SAVE" again. The system should give you a hint, that the profile has been saved but must be activated to become valid. Do so !!!

Restart your system. Now you should be able to logon to any newly created client with User SAP* and Password Pass.

Good luck

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

E:\usr\sap\EC6\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL

put in to this profile parameter

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0.

and stop and start application server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which user id you are trying to use ? Use DDIC user id and the password specified as master password during the install process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

I tried using the default password for SAP* as well as DDIC and also tried to login using the password that I entered during the installation. Tried deleting the user in database level too.

Still no use.

Any suggestions.

Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you are not able to login to a newly created client ? Sorry for some reason I though that after install you were not able to login to 000 or 001. Anyway if its a new client then only SAP* user will be able to login. I know you referred to a forum for the SAP * login parameter but can you double check what the value is and where the parameter is defined. Have you restarted the system after the parameter change ? How many App servers you have ?

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Also can you tell us what SQL statement you are using to delete the user SAP* ?

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveed ,.

I hiave done all the things you said including setting the parameter and restarting the instance.

Still same problem persits.

Any other suggestions.

Sorry for bugging you

thanks,

vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vimal,

What SQL statement you are using to delete the user from DB ?

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the below statement

Delete from usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '999'

999 is the new client that I created.

tried also

Delete from SID.usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '999'

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use Schema name. If you have not changed your schema name during install it would be SAPSR3.So the statement should look like:

DELETE from SAPSR3.USR02 where MANDT='999' and BNAME = 'SAP*';

commit;

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

younghwan_kim
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use PASS as password for user 'SAP*', not installation password.

And don't forget to set profile parameter 'login/no_automatic_user_sapstar ' to 0.

Edited by: Kim, Young Hwan on Jul 14, 2010 6:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navid and Kim,

Nothing helped. any other suggestions please ?

Regards,

Vimal