cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Message from Portal

jerry_kidd
Explorer
0 Kudos

I enabled the iView for the support message to be sent from my portal. However, it does not show in the iBase. My SMSY is updated and shows the Java system components. How do I get the service desk to see the portal. I am running EP 7 with NW 2004s backend. Solution Manager is 7 EHP1.

Note: There is no installation number or system name showing in portal system info. I suspect this is the issue.

Does anyone have ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jerry_kidd
Explorer
0 Kudos

closed

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can go about it in two different ways:

- Correct manually the Ibase component in IB52

- connect the Enterprise Portal system to the SLD and transfer the SLD information to SMSY for a correct definition in SMSY.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

jerry_kidd
Explorer
0 Kudos

My apologies, the transaction is IB_GEN.

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, as i said before, u have to make sure the ur EP is correctly defined in SMSY. Make sure you select the right main instance/product for this system

jerry_kidd
Explorer
0 Kudos

All three of my portal systems are reporting to the SLD set up on my solution manager system. They are reporting correctly.

The landscape in SMSY appears correct as the portal instance is reported.

I see only the ABAP clients in iBase. I executed BP_GEN and still no show.

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos

Secondly, select the main instance of the product in SMSY if the definition in SLD isnt correct.

BP_GEN has nothing to do with IBASE. BP_GEN is used to mass generate business partners

jiamin_pan
Participant
0 Kudos
I enabled the iView for the support message to be sent from my portal. However, it does not show in the iBase. My SMSY is updated and shows the Java system components. How do I get the service desk to see the portal. I am running EP 7 with NW 2004s backend. Solution Manager is 7 EHP1.

Note: There is no installation number or system name showing in portal system info. I suspect this is the issue.

Does anyone have ideas?

If u have correctly defined ur EP in SMSY (via productive SLD transfer), plz generate the RFC first.

Secondly, select the main instance of the product in SMSY if the definition in SLD isnt correct.

Finally, all u have to do is the transfer from SMSY to IBASE. This is done in Trx DSWP --> menu Edit --> Initial Data transfer for IBase (now ur EP is automatically created in IBase)