cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible in PPDS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a doubt regarding a scenario that we have to implement and I'm not sure if there is any standard functionality in PPDS that will allow us to do the following:

u2022 The component A is produced ( make to stock) normally in the location X, but when the tanks are full the component is moved to the location Y ( this is done manually by the planners as the storage capacities are not modeled in APO)

u2022 The business wants PPDS to see when the component is needed for the production of the final product and create a STR to bring the component back from location Y to location X instead of producing it at loc X

u2022 Is this possible in PPDS?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Gyo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible with combination of GATP and PPDS. Only constraint is you plan based on sales order and not based on forcast requirement at finish product level.

Multilevel availability check with rule based availability check at component level can meet the requirement.

MATP is used when component is produced based on forcast and production of finish product is based on sales order and it checks whether components are available.

If finish product is produced based on forcast(PIR) above function cannot be used.

Let me know if finish product is produced based on forcast we can think of some other way.

For more details follow the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/26/c2d63b18bc7e7fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

there is also a new heuristic setting for cross plant planning called interactive sourcing with the SCM 2007 release.

You just mark the interactive sourcing flag in the Planning of Standard Lots heuristic. In the location product master you add a sourcing profile which contains components or resources which are alternative sourcing options.

When you execute the heuristic you get a screen for interactive sourcing where you can select the source of supply with an alternative resource for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both.( Santosh the final product is planned based on forecast). I think it will be possible with the SCM 7.0 capabilities.