cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting DB user password in system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iu00B4m copying a CRM system with method "System Copy / Oracle Backup/Restore".

In step "Set DB user passwords" sapinst fails and show this message un dev.log:

INFO 2010-07-07 18:04:16 [syxxccuren.cpp:105]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setWorkingDirectory(iastring)

Working directory changed to C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CRM40\COPY\IMPORT\SYSTEM\ABAP\ORA\NUC\DB.

INFO 2010-07-07 18:04:16

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Output of G:\usr\sap\CRD\SYS\exe\run/brconnect -u XXXXXX -c -f chpass -o SAPCRD -p XXXXXX is written to the logfile brconnect.log.

WARNING 2010-07-07 18:04:17

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Execution of the command "G:\usr\sap\CRD\SYS\exe\run/brconnect -u XXXXXX -c -f chpass -o SAPCRD -p XXXXXX" finished with return code 3. Output:

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.00 (16)

BR0252E Function _popen() failed for '( G:\oracle\CRD\102\BIN\sqlplus /nolog ) < \nul 2>&1' at location BrPipeOpen-4

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

BR0272E Execution of program '( G:\oracle\CRD\102\BIN\sqlplus /nolog ) < \nul 2>&1' through pipe failed

BR0303E Determination of Oracle version failed

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2010-07-07 18.04.17

BR0804I BRCONNECT terminated with errors

ERROR 2010-07-07 18:04:17

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-00289 Could not set the password of a database user.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Command brconnect -u SYSTEM/***** -c -f chpass -o SAPCRD -p ******** returned 3.<br>SOLUTION: See brconnect.log for details.

TRACE [iaxxejsbas.hpp:270]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown std::ESAPinstJSError: ind-rel.ind-os.ora.SetDbUserPasswordFailed

TRACE [iaxxcwalker.cpp:301]

CDomWalker::processStep()

<html><head></head><body><p>An error occurred while processing service <b>mySAP CRM 4.0 SR1> System Copy> Target System> ABAP System> Oracle> Non-Unicode> Database Instance Installation</b>. You may now</p><ul> <li>press <I>Retry</I> to repeat the current step.</li> <li>press the <I>View Log</I> button to get more information about the error.</li> <li>stop the task and continue with it later.</li> <li>reset your input for the current task. In this case, SAPinst will permanently remove all installation files from the installation directory. This gives you the opportunity to restart from scratch.</li></ul><p>Log files are written to <b>C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\CRM40\COPY\IMPORT\SYSTEM\ABAP\ORA\NUC\DB</b>.</p></body></html>

If I execute this line "brconnect -u SYSTEM/***** -c -f chpass -o SAPCRD -p ********" in a cmd window login with sidadm ops user,it works. I donu00B4t undertand why sapints fails.

Sqlplus exists in bin directory.I think it should be a permissions problem,but insist I can execute the command out of sapinst.

Iu00B4m on win2003x64 & Oracle102. Any help??

Thanks,Pablo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if below users are created in DBA_USERS table.

OPS$<HOSTNAME>\<SID>ADM

OPS$<HOSTNAME\SAPSERVICE<SID>

SQL> SELECT USERNAME FROM DBA_USERS;

Else, Just create above users in oracle and grant them connect,resource,sapdba role.

SQL commands would be..

SQL> CREATE USER OPS$<HOSTNAME>\<SID>ADM IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;
SQL> CREATE USER OPS$<HOSTNAME>\SAPSERVICE<SID> IDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;
SQL> GRANT CONNECT,RESOURCE,SAPDBA TO OPS$<HOSTNAME>\<SID>ADM;
SQL> GRANT CONNECT,RESOURCE,SAPDBA TO OPS$<HOSTNAME>\SAPSERVICE<SID>;
SQL> COMMIT;

Then check again...

You should be able to connect to oracle using below command.

C:\ sqlplus /

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem updating brtools to the latest patch level.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like user issue what user is it using under the oracle and SAP services...

Mark