Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to generate Alert for JMS Sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

My scenario is JMS to IDOC..

I have configured the Alert rules and the alerts are working fine for the Integration engine errors.. and apart from the alert rule there is one more alert rule configured for capturing the alerts of the adapter engine..

When i provide the queue name as invalid one .. i am able to receive the alerts for the same via alert rule of adapter engine..

When I force to make the channel to error with the invalid headers of RFH2 (with correct queuename) the channel status is showing error ..but interestingly no alert for the same...

Now My question here is how to test the generation of the alerts by forcing the JMS sender channel to error. ?

I already checked the report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER for verification but no luck..

Can some one throw light on this?

Forgot to mention i am using IBM MQ ...

Regards

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh on Jul 8, 2010 10:08 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raised OSS Ticket and SAP provided a patch for this to generate an error.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I worked on JMS Adapter handling RFH2 headers (Sender/Receiver), but I never experienced problem with RFH2 header values, are you hard coding RFH2 header values in Communication channel or taking values from Payload using Dynamic Conf UDF??

If you want to force your communication channel to error mode for testing ALERTS then you can give wrong configuration in CC, as u already tried that, it is working.

Identify what are the exceptions cases you get alert mail for JMS adapter,

MQ Down.Quemenager problem and driver issues mostly.

Regards,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your reply...I am fetching the RFH headers using UDF via Dynamic config only..

Apart from the configurations errors mentioned for alerts(as i am success in this case)...I am testing if there any data related errors like wrong RFH Headers for JMS sender adapter though the channels showing error status in this case ...but its not throwing the alerts...

I want to know whether the alert will be triggered for this or not...if not why ..as it should..

if yes i am unable to get.. what troubleshooting can be done for this...

if you have any other cases (aprt from config issues)for alert trigger...and also apart from RFH headers case..can u pls share..so that i will try the same..

MY only question here is why the adapter not trigering the alerts when wrong RFH Headers are sent along the message..but showing the channel status as red..(is it a bug ?)

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never experienced CC error because of RFH2 Header values,i think it is bug.

do you really think in your case it will cause CC error??

Regards,

Raj