cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Part of PI 7.11 does not register in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just installed the EHP1 for SAP PI 7.1. Currently I try to execute the post installtion step "Running the Configuration Wizard" as described in the installation guide for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 including Enhancement Package 1.

Unfortunately, this configuration wizard stops at step 380 because of following reason:

No Technical System for the ABAP part of the PI 7.11 was created in SLD.

When I look to the SLD for the JAVA part a technical system is created here automatically but not for the ABAP part.

I also tried to create the entry automatically via transaction RZ70 but this failed as the RFC destination SLD_UC is not working. Executing the connection test for the RFC destination via SM59 gives following result:

Connection Error

Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67

ERROR: program SLD_UC not registered

DETAIL: TP SLD_UC not registered

COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

COUNTER: 296

MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

LINE: 1693

RETURN CODE: 679

SUBRC: 0

RELEASE: 711

TIME: Wed Jul 07 17:23:54 2010

VERSION: 2

The SLD configuration seems to be fine (was one of the first steps of this configuration wizard). (SLD is own SLD of PI installation)

I also read following threads but they did not help for me:

Has anyone an idea?

regards

René

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with, can you check if the SLD is running or not ( http://<hostname>:<port>/sld ).

If its up then check and make sure that the hostname & Gateway port is mentioned correctly in RZ70 Tcode.  This will automatically update the RFC connection SLD_UC. 

If it does not updates it correctly then you can enter the hostname / gateway port manually in SLD_UC and execute data collection in RZ70 again.

Check and provide feedback.

Regards,

Mudasir.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the replys. But as this installation took too long it was decided to use PI 7.1 without EHP1. Why ever this installation had no problem at all...

So I couldn't try your solutions.

Probably we will upgrade to EHP1 at a later time and I need those suggestions again.

regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In RZ70 click on show/hide details u will get the DATA COLLECTION PROGRAMS panel. make sure the _ SLD_RFC is selected and execute the START SLD collection now. hope that fixes the problem.

Thanks

Kiran Kumar Nekkanti

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello René

If you don't have a Technical System of type AS ABAP for the PI Integration Server, you can manually create it by following the steps in the link below:

Creating New AS ABAP Technical Systems

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/f1/92b248db68409487661ff13239127d/content.htm

See the link below for the list of steps the Configuration wizard executes. You can manually check that these have been successfully completed.

Wizard-Based Configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/1d/bbf6c34ccc4c32bdd73bb36fee8cc0/frameset.htm

Regards

Mark