cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPILOCRANGE structure containing "Option0" parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sirs,

I am now moving my code from SAP .NET Connector v1.2 to 2.0, and also regenerating all the proxies (because now, thank you thank you, we have proper access to the BOR!).

One issue - having generated the proxy for ProdProcessModelAPS.GetList RFC, the BAPILOCRANGE structure that comes with it contains field named "Option0" - while before (and in DCOM Connector as well) it was called "Option".

Can please someone help me understand why this was not properly generated, and how I can fix this problem? It is a problem, because there is already lots of code accessing these structures using "Option", and we also try to keep compatibility with DCOM.

Thank you in advance!

Anton Maslo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another, possibly related question - is it possible to rename function parameters in the generated proxy? For instance, I would like to have "StartTime" instead of "Start_Time" - how do I do it?

Thank you in advance!

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can rename anything you want - parameters, methods, types and so forth. Just change the name property in the designer of the element. For paramters double click on the method to see them.

There is some "auto renaming" magic built in to prevent conflicts with keywords, especially in VB, where "Option" and "Optional" are keywords. Of cause you can undo these changes, if you don't use VB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Reiner, this solves my problem!

(in the future versions, it would be great to be able to turn the "VB-magic" off by a tick in proxy wizard)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can today: If you turn "Beautify" (you click on the background of the designer) off, none of these customizations would be done - but also no "Beautifications" of names to mixed case. If you are only use BOR classes where BOR defines the "nice" names of methods and paramters, this could be an option for you.

Answers (0)