cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP90 - Rebilling with down payment OSS Note 858703

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Even configuring customers test system according above mentioned OSS Note 858703 with order type TAF I do not get the process running.... When starting order creation (VA01) system doe not allow to enter sold-to and ship-to customer numbers.

This alone stops any testing.

Does anyone of you has experience or at least a clue what to do to resolve this? E.g. For testing I customized order type TA as ZTA and same same as order tpye TAF and it was possible to enter sold-to and ship-to party.

Any hind is very welcome as a customer waits for solution.

Many thanks in advance!!

Rgds, Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten

1) Have you activated the EA-PLM application indicator?

2) Are there any authorization issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

yes I did the activation and from authority point of view ther are no issues.

But I discovered yesterday some obstacle in a setting in table TVAK (Order Types) where the field FCS_ACTIVE has been required. But even changing it on the table, entering sold-to and ship-to was not possible...

Did you checke dthe given OSS-Note?

Cheers,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did go through the note, it is a complex one.

See if you need to do anything with this: Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas. I also found that the item cat assignment also looked funny- Just Item cat TAF assigned to order type TAF, no Item cat group or usage??

Other than that I have nothing more to add. Interestingly I observed the same behavior in my client's system, though it has not been configured per the note.

Suggest you raise an OSS message with SAP. I am thinking SAP delivers it in that fashion to ensure it is not misused etc..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

thank you for your time efforts! All the things you pointed out I did already. - Standard Customizing while setting up SD.

But there are some more strange appearances which came up, so nevertheless I raised a call at OSS.

I wonder about your info that you implemented also rebillling with down payment function in one of your customers' locations(?). It would be a very nice opportuntiy to share your particular setup - this might resolve mine... Kindly request to think about this point and let me know.

In any case thank you very much,

*Carsten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carsten

I just found out the reason why the system does not allow to enter sold-to and ship-to customer numbers:

"There is no partner determination procedure" assigned to order type TAF". This seems to be the way SAP delivers this order type.

So go there and assign whatever is the procedure you used for your other orders or create a new procedure and assign it, it will work fine.

By the way billling with down payment is not implemented at my customer site, I just tested with TAF order and it was behaving exactly as you described.

Then on a hunch I went and saw if there is a Partner Det procedure and there is none.

Path: SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/Basic Functions/Partner Determination/Set Up Partner Determination and then

Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header/Partner Determination Procedure Assignment

Hope this helps you, cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

The proposed setting I did already and was able to initiate a "leading sales order", maintained some billing plan according menioned OSS Note, posted costs to a PM-order assigne dto this leading sales order --- and tried to invoice a downpayment with DP90.

Finally I created OSS message and wait for answer.

Really appreciate your efforts. Will keep you updated once i know more.

Carsten.