cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO CTM problem when minimum lot size is greater than daily capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using APO V7.0

I am planning a manufactured product in CTM which has a minimum lot size which is greater than the available daily production capacity (from the SNP PDS).

CTM is not generating the required SNP planned orders.

Example:

- min lot size = 200, daily manuf capacity = 120

- at a DC I have zero stock and a forecast of 500 in a week

- at manufactuting plant I have zero stock

- CTM result is just a stock transport req of 10, and no planned orders (result should be stock transport of 500, and planned order of 500)

Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks for any advice...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As CTM considers a finite capacity of resources during planning system will try to create a planned order of max capacity 120 nos but as this falls below the minimum lot size of product master, it will finally trapped in a conflict situation and will not creatie any planned order even after with the fullest capacity.

In short this will be the correct behaviour as per the master data settings you mentioned ...

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Digambar,

Thanks for this.

But why is the stock transport requisition of qty 10 created?

This seems to happen regardless of the forecast quantity at the DC.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CTM run the system only considers sources of supply for in-house production( i.e. SNP PDS in this case) if its value for the minimum lot size is smaller than the demand quantity, or its value is smaller than the minimum lot size value in the location product master.

In your situation, the inhouse order is created in manufacturing plant is to satisfy the stock transfer order from Manufacturing plant to DC.

Please check first as to why the stock transfer order is of 10 only and why not 500.

Your stock transfer created is independent of the SNP PDS.

Is the trasnportation lane correct.

Regards

Datta

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would suggest to check the lot size parameters(Min/max) for this product at both Plant and DC also for TLane(plant to DC) which could restrict the STR of 10 only and the PPM/PDS lot sizes .

As Just for cross verification of planned order creation and STR try to take a SNP heuristics run and see if the results can be analyzed for heuristics and then compare the logics.

hope this helps...

Regards,

Digambar

Answers (0)