cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT - Faxing capability, cannot find program ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please accept my appologies if I am posting in the wrong forum. I'm simply a beginner basis administrator and I had a question on transaction SCOT (SAPConnent: Administration), particularly for faxing.

About 10-15 years ago we purchased a piece of software called Commercepath. It basically allowed us to send faxes from SAP. The scenerio is quite strange. We have a new SAP server where people can send PO faxes, a Fax Server (running the commercepath software) and an old SAP Server that for some reason needs to be on in order for faxes to be sent. I was not with this company when this was setup. The new SAP server was not around back then it is new and we just started using it last year to phase out our old SAP Server.

The lease on our old sap server is ready to expire so I turned off all the SAP services on the old sap server thinking that since end users are using the new sap server that we would not need the old. Well then I noticed faxes were not being delivered on the new SAP server. They were going to the FAX Server but never being sent out, they were just sitting there idle or in a waiting state. As soon as I turned on the SAP MMC console on the old server the faxes started to deliver correctly.

I thought strange so I checked SCOT and I double clicked on Fax and it shows an RFC Connection to something called:

SAPFAX120_SAPSERVER. Strange so I clicked on the "RFC Maint." button. And it has some technical settings for commercepath. For instance, it says Program ID: "SAPFAX01.sap2cp" and at the bottom there is some gateway options:

Gateway host: "The IP Address of the old SAP Server"

Gateway service: "sapgw00"

The host has the ip address of our old sap server. So I am very confused I looked for this Program ID SAPFAX01.sap2cp on the old sap server and cannot for the life of me find it. I cannot just change the gateway host to the new SAP Server as the new SAP Server never got commercepath installed, and I cannot install commercepath on the new server either as it is Unix / Linux based as opposed to windows. Does anyone know how the faxing works or how commercepath works or where to find this program id?

I need to figure this out so I can change the way faxes go out so i can return the old sap server lease.

Thanks so much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved I had to just change the IP address in commercepath's SAPRFC.ini file as well as in the RFC Maintenance within SAP.