cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting retention period for a particular XI interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have XI 3.0 system and there is an interface which pumps in huge amount of data into our XI system.We would like to retain the data for only four days and then delete it.I know that we can set retention/deletion period in SXMB_ADM->Define Interfaces for archiving and Retention Periods.However, i believe the settings would apply for all the interfaces globally.

My question is-

Is there any way to set retention period that applies only to an interface unaffecting retention/ deletion periods of other interfaces?If yes, what is the procedure to implement that?

Thanks,

Padmaja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmaja,

Is there any way to set retention period that applies only to an interface unaffecting retention/ deletion periods of other interfaces?If yes, what is the procedure to implement that?

The proceedure to set the retention period is :

Note: This procedure can be applied to a single interface.

1. Goto T-code sxmb_adm

2. Select Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retention Periods.

3. Select the interface and the Namespace.

4. Click on Retention Periods.

5. Enter the Retention periods for.

Retention periods for Asynchronous XML messages in the Database:

XML messages without errors Awaiting Deletion.

XML messages without errors Awaiting Archiving.

Retention periods for synchronous XML messages in the Database:

XML messages with errors Awaiting Deletion.

XML messages without errors Awaiting Archiving.

Retention Periods for History Entries in the Database:

History Entries for Deleted XML messages

6. Click on SAve.

Here are some of the weblinks that will help you for archiving and deletions of messages.

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-1

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-2

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/8d/3e4bb1462a11d189000000e8323d3a/frameset.htm

Edited by: Hareenkumar on Jul 7, 2010 2:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can do it for interface specific or u can select multiple interface. for detail procedure u can refer the below log

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/04/22/archiving-deletion-of-messages-in-pi--part-1

chirag