cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while saving billing doc with output type " External send"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to send an external email to the customer when user create/change the billing document.

for this i have created a new output type ZEAU, have done with the condition record settings in VV31 transaction also have created the communication strategies with INT. configure the SCOT for internet. Configured NACE with the routine and the its form.

i read too many thread on SDN for the configuration and have done all settings fine as far as my knowledge.

Problem is when i run the transaction VF02, goto -> header-> output, select the output type as ZEAU, medium as 5 external send, partner as BP and set the communication methods and click on save the output type status flag is turning into red.

when I open the processing log I an getting the following information in it:

Type text message

Green flag: Object 8060000567

Green flag: Output type: AU : Invoice Email

Green flag: Processing log for program /BAY4/IC_AU_RVADIN02 routine YENTRY

Red flag: Please enter an address number

Red flag: Communication type cannot be used

Please help me to come out of this problem; i am not able to understand where i have missed the address number.

same setting i have done for V1 sales order and there I am able to send the email with output type as " External send" issue is coming when I am using the "external send " for billing where as " print output " type is working fine with billing.

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem is solved

thanks to all

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either you should have closed this OLD thread without adding any such comment so that this thread wont come on top after one year, or atleast could have updated as to how the issue is resolved by expressing thanks to the members who have helped you. Better try to develop this practice and act in a professional way.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

sachin_g
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

Can you please let us know how you resolved the issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes email id is there in customer master. but still getting the error. please help!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try tcode SCOT.

Or for better understanding follow following links:

Hope this time this can assist you

Thanks & Regards

JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define communication strategy with communication type having email as the first preference. Configure your output type to use that communication strategy with Transmission Medium 5 (External send), sapscript as for medium 1(print). Also set up the partner function for medium 5 to the correct partner function which will have the email address.

Check whether communication method in your output condition record is INT?.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

I have checked all the settings as you have mentioned in your reply and found all are in place.

but still i am getting the same error. please help me.

Thanks!

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In master data maintained immediate release after saving the document. (option 4)

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is also there. but still not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls chek whether BP partner is maintained with the Email id in the customer master?

Regards

TMK