cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB 7.8 - Compressed backups to Networker

Former Member
0 Kudos

We upgraded a MaxDB 7.7 to MaxDB 7.8.01.15 on a test system to test the new backup compressing feature. I changed the actual medium definition (NSR_GRP) to be "compressed" using Database Studio.

If I now start a backup I get the following error message (sorry for the bad formatting):

Thread     0x4B99 Task    331  2010-07-07 13:13:51 ERR RTEIO        132:  create of medium /tmp/nsr_pipe1 of type 2 impossible,_FILE=RTEIO_StreamMedium+noPIC.cpp,_LINE=729

DESCRIPTION:
Creation of medium /tmp/nsr_pipe1 of type 2 is impossible.

ACTION:
Contact your system administrator. Show him the error message which points to an operating system configuration error and then contact the database support if your system administrator can not fix the error.
2010-07-07 13:13:51 ERR RTEIO        109:  path /tmp/nsr_pipe1 already in use by backup medium 77,_FILE=RTEIO_StreamMedium+noPIC.cpp,_LINE=964

DESCRIPTION:
A backup medium with the path /tmp/nsr_pipe1 already is in use by backup medium 77.

ACTION:
Contact your system administrator. Show him the error message which points to an operating system configuration error and then contact the database support if your system administrator can not fix the error.

Thread     0x4B99 Task    330  2010-07-07 13:13:51 ERR RTEIO        132:  create of medium /tmp/nsr_pipe2 of type 2 impossible,_FILE=RTEIO_StreamMedium+noPIC.cpp,_LINE=729

DESCRIPTION:
Creation of medium /tmp/nsr_pipe2 of type 2 is impossible.

ACTION:

2010-07-07 13:13:51 ERR RTEIO        109:  path /tmp/nsr_pipe2 already in use by backup medium 78,_FILE=RTEIO_StreamMedium+noPIC.cpp,_LINE=964

DESCRIPTION:
A backup medium with the path /tmp/nsr_pipe2 already is in use by backup medium 78.

ACTION:

After this happenes the backup eventually fails after a few minutes.

Is that a new bug (OSS call necessary?) or am I missing something?

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Additional information:

If I create a new medium (such as NSR_GRP_COMP) and use other pipe names the backup seems to run....

Markus