cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Currently i got one issue where Materials have already been picked and confirmed still while doing PGI it's throwing error as "Deficit of SL Unrestricted-Use" (I checked in MMBE its showing no stock available for that particular materail.)

Ideally available stock should not affect on PGI.

Please suggest what could be the possible reason.

Best Regards!

Sadanand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..problem was with WM stocks..Thank you for your efforts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may come from several possibilities.

1. Does your availability control for deliveries include production orders, or other planned receipt? If yes, you probably committed to other planned receipt other than current stock. Check your availability check in material master and checking control B in configuration (OVZ9). Also check the Check w/o RLT is flagged. If it is not, then the delivery will be confirmed when deliv.date lies outside replenish.lead.time in material master.

2. You are pretty sure that they are no stock in MMBE. Then another possibility is the setting for material block during ATP check. (Config path Sales&dist->Basic functions->Availability check->Avail check with ATP logic....->Define Material Block for other users. Many have set not to block the material during delivery so that you can create deliveries for the same material at the same time. But this come with the price, since there will be a chance for over committed in two sales orders' quantity (it may get the same ATP qty!!!).

3. Is your material batch-managed? If yes, do you have the batch search strategy, does it auto-batch search? Please check. There maybe a chance that at material level, ATP is okay. However, at batch level it is not.

That's all I can think of. Hope it helps.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If OBYC is maintained properly then in tcode OMWD check whether the valuation grouping code 0001 has been assigned to your plant.

If not assigned then assign it and log off and relog after 1 minute and retry.

If problem persist, then use MB1C to upload material. Maintain material properly, it will solve your error.

Thanks & Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go to Transaction code MB1C & choose movement type and accordingly increase the stock by 1 and save and then try to do the PGI.

Thanks

Anil

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hiiii

I think you have maintain the MRP view of the material due to that system is checking the sales order stock instead of unrestricted stock.. In MRP3 view there is stretagy group, you have to select there as " Make to Stock"

Hope it will solve your problem.

Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This SO contains 350 line items ..delvery & PGI had happned to other materials where same settings have been maintained in MRP3 view rather its blank but the error has occured only for this one particular item.

MB1C is the option but client wants explanation why this happened..

Kindly suggest more possibilities.

Sadanand.

former_member266852
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii

although it have same setting like other material but click in the Stretagy grou in MRP3 view there you have to select "Make to Stock" and save the material. Thereafter create the sales order again for the same material system will check the stock from unrestricted stock.

Regards

Shambhu Sarkar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the material type different for this material from others?

Check is there any default value for checking group per material type and plant.

OR

Check a checking group must be defined in the material master record on the Sales/plant data screen in the Availability check field.

Also, Check delv. I cat in your delivery doc.

Then check the Avalibility Check config in Delivery item category (ovlp). As, the delivery item category can be used to control whether an availability check takes place in deliveries.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under availbility check its maintained 01 i.e. daily requirement for all other materails as well..and even other suggested things are also maintained correctly..

Is it possible that the same stock can be diverted to some other SO which is a priority customer so its utilized already and now it requires to replinish it again..i am not sure really about this is there any process if we can find this from the system?

as i could find it in MD04 but can it have some impact on this?

Regards!

Sadanand.