cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partners in cProjects from HR system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt about what is the standard usage of HR integration with cProjects.

As far as I understand the scenario is that I manage my HR data in the HR system and I need to transform that data into business partners with role BUP003 in the cProjects systems.

The steps to do the integration are detailed in several pages, but once everything is configure what is expected is that when I transfer a P (person) object via PFAL with an iDoc HRMD_ABA I get a new BP on the cProjects system. Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

basically you are right. A person will create a corresponding business partner, since all cProjects resource management processes are based on BP.

Btw - if required, you can also create BP for organizational units in cProjects automatically through HR integration.

Best regards

Thorsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niel,

I have personally not used this function on past projects and as such would not call myself an expert. However, we are considering using this functionality on my current project and my understading of the intended usage is as follows.

In a standalone scenario, once the business partner is created the BP can be linked to an org structure (tcodes PPOCE and PPOME) and qualifications attached. In addition availability information, location and status are also maintained (RPM_EMPDATA). When doing a resource search in cProjects (and also in RPM) you can search based on any of the above mentioned critieria. If this information is already maintained in SAP HR it makes sense to transfer rather than do a dual maintenance on cProjects system. The main reason that this function was not used on my past projects was because the cProjects resource seach function was not exensively used and/or the information in HR was not maintained.

Hopefully somebody else out there would have some experience of this being used in a production environment.

Regards,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashan,

You are right, but when you are using HR normaly you manage organizational units, positions and persons with a number of infotypes detailed. Right now in our HR system we are not using BP functionality.

My question is, when I transfer the data from the HR system to the cProjects system (distributed scenario) I can distribute several object using PFAL functionality. I can distribute organizational units, and those would be replicated in my cProjects, as well as positions. But if I transfer people cProjects system does not have the database prepared to handle the infotypes. Therefore, by transfering a person from HR to cProjects I would expect to have a BP created into my cProjects system, with the rol BUP003 and the information contained in the infotypes.

I don't know if the replication has to be done differently...

Best regards,

Neil