Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring disaster recovery site from file system backup

prasad_thakur
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have dr site of our production server. Our system has Solaris 10 with oracle 10g as database. The dr gets updated through data guard. Yesterday it was revealed that the dr sites hardware is corruted and I could not start the recovery. There is threat of data loss. I am having offline backup of file system dt 04.07.2010. In case I have to restore the dr site, what are the steps to be performed. I am having all the archive log files from 04.07.2010. Also this logs are available in /oracle/SID/oraarch directory.

Pl guide me to restore the dr site and to start archiving of logs at dr site.

Thanks,

Prasad Thakur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Please provide me below information

1) what is the error your facing when you are trying to do recover on standby databaseu2026..

2) Is this backup (04.07.2010) is production system backup or Dr system Backup

3) Please post the below command output file from production under /Oracle/SID/saptrace/usertrace so I can say

which files can be restored from the Backup.

SQL> ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROLFILE TO TRACE;

Thanks & Regards

Gattu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can restore using the offlinfe file system backup. But after the restore you should not open the database. As usual copy the standby control file from the PRD system to DR and then start applying the archive from the data 04.07.2010.

I hope you are copying all the dilesystems which includes /oracle/SID/102_64, sapmnt, /usr/sap/SID

Thanks,

Chaitanya