cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device manager - GEN2 hardware info ? :-)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I have two questions:

1. who provides device manager information,

is it the hardware provider ?

2. Anyone has a list of supported hardware

for AII 4.0 (so gen2) - readers, printers

or maybe someone could share the names

of the ones he/she used in this projects?

(I'm mainly interested in thos working in Europe

but the ones that work in the USA are also welcomed)

Thanks

Regards,

michal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am not aware of hardware for SAP AII 4.0. But here is the information which may probably help you, Zebra Technologies, a global leader in on-demand printing solutions for business improvement, introduced the world's first RFID smart label printer/encoders designed to interoperate with SAP AG's Auto-ID Infrastructure(AII)v2.1.

The new Zebra XML-based solution enables SAP users to implement compliant "slap-and-ship" RFID solutions, without costly middleware and associated integration efforts. SAP's AII v2.1 enables RFID-based supply chain management (SCM) and supply chain execution (SCE) processes across the enterprise.

Zebra co-defined and co-developed the data, protocol, and process elements of smart label creation within SAP's AII v2.1 and today offers the only RFID printer/encoders that directly interoperate with the SAP application.

This is the link of the press release

http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/documentlibrary/pressreleases/2005/rfid_printer_encoders.File.tm...

Hope this information is useful to you

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan P.Khilari

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

thanks for the info

but do you know anything more about device managers?

>>>>Zebra co-defined and co-developed the data, protocol, and process elements of smart label creation within SAP's AII v2.1 and today offers the only RFID printer/encoders that directly interoperate with the SAP application.

as I understand this time Zebra is supplied with

a deveice manager but what aobut the rest of it's software? or some other vendors?

any readers (gen2) that work with AII 4.0

and have it's own device managers ready for AII 4.0?

Regards,

michal

Answers (0)