cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete request / role in ERM GRC 5.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a Role in ERM that I need to delete. Buuut, Role deletion is not possible; it has sent for approval.

In CUP we have already deleted all request (following instructions by SAP note) and there is not any request in the system.

The problem is that I can't delete this role from ERM because has been sent for approval, but I cant find the request in CUP or ERM, what can I do? Please, help me !!

Thanks in Advance.

David. ..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Try going to Configuration --> Administration --> Lock Management to check and see if the role is locked.

If it is, just unlock it then search for it within ERM; then delete it.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC has a several inconsistencies that can be fixed only by hard-coding SQL in Database !!

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

These inconsistencies exist because you deleted the requests in CUP. You should just have approved them, then deletion in ERM would have worked.

ERM needs to keep track of what status roles are in. If you sent them for approval, it will not allow work on them until they're back from CUP. I you start intervening in that process manually by deleting requests in CUP you can't really expect ERM to deal with that without the same level of manual intervention, can you...?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to create a SAP message in order to delete the role. SAP Support sent me a SQL query to delete it because it was not possible deleite it from Front End.

Thanks for your help.

Regards !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I was the same problem when i wanted to create a new role.

Confirm in the Approval stage what user you assign as approver. The system doesn´t check if this user exists.

If this user doesn´t exists, the only possibility to delete the role is create a new UME user with this user, giving the necessary roles and log in to CUP to delete the role.

I hope this help you,

Sergio