Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - SM36 - /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_INTERFACE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have searched the sdn and could not find the answers so posting this question.

My requirement is,

I have to schedule a LSMW Project using a background job (SM36). I found a program /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_INTERFACE by which we can create a variant and then specify this program name and variant in SM36 transaction. The problem is when I schedule the job and go to SM37 to view the results. Always the result is 'Canceled'. When I go to Job Log to see the error, it says - *************!!!!!Upload from the frontend not possible in batch mode!!!!**********************. I have uploaded the file on app server using 'CG3Z', but even then I am getting this error.

Please share your thoughts, either it's possible to do it and if so how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what method did you choose in step Specify files in your LSMW project. You can't use options Legacy data - On the PC (front end). Obviously, when background job does not have access to any front end. Just uploading your file to application server is not enough. You have to change LSMW project definition.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what method did you choose in step Specify files in your LSMW project. You can't use options Legacy data - On the PC (front end). Obviously, when background job does not have access to any front end. Just uploading your file to application server is not enough. You have to change LSMW project definition.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thanks. I changed to application server and it works.

Now the other issue is, when I use this program SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_INTERFACE to schedule the job. Do I need to run all the steps manually like read data, read converted data before this job run or it this job will automatically takes the updated contents from the file on the app server daily. Our requirement is to update that file daily and the job will pick up from file.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

It will run all steps. So it will read file, convert it and process it. Check [SAP documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/90/da31ba2e0411d2b43e006094b944c8/content.htm] for more info about this program.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thanks it's working now.