cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Stop Remote Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I started remote client copy. By mistake I forgot to start this job as background. Initially I can see the progress with TCode SCC3.

Once I close the SAP GUI I think the job is not processing.

I can go to scc3 and I can see status "processing" but to see how many table copied when I click on that row SAP GUI become not responsive even I wait for 30 mins.

Please tell me how can I stop this Remote Client Copy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is a simple thing,

block the permission to usr/sap/trans/log and usr/sap/trans/tmp folder. Client copy will terminate since the system is not able to write logs. else just remove block access to datafiles.

For windows you can do this by going to properties.

For unix use chow 000 <filename> command

I have been in this scenario and i have stopped client copy. So keep this mind next time.

Thanks and Regards

syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also wanted to know to properly stop the remote client copy. The background process is already in "Sleep" mode and I think the client copy is no longer active. We encountered issues with 4 large tables due to PSPAPTEMP space. These 4 tables were not processed or let say "Skipped" in the client copy. I have resolved the space issues with PSAPTEMP and now would like to restart the client copy. Reprocessing these 4 tables that were left behind. How can I trigger a halt in my remote client copy? Also would it be safe to restart the SOURCE system before resuming the client copy? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Tony

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

or on verification small window just stop process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to t-code SM04 and kill the client copy session from the entries, and try to start again at background level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saifuddin,

Try to stop work process in SM50 or directly within SAP Management Console at OS level.

This may take few minutes.

After that, try to delete this client and create a new one from very beginning with background mode.

Thanks and regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After stopping the client copy, if you do not want to continue the copy from the step where it got stopped and if you need to start again fresh from the starting then you need to restart the instance once. Otherwise it would ask you to continue old run as the lock entry of old copy exists in SM12. If you restart the instance the lock gets deleted and it can be started again from the starting. As suggested above, before starting the copy again make sure to delete the client and create again newly and copy freshly as this will remove the inconsistencies caused to stopped client copy.

This time do not forget to start the copy in background.

Regards,

Sharath