Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to create output type to email invoices?

Hello SAP SD Consultants-

I am an FI Consultant and I am trying to figure how to create an output type to allow emailing of invoices/ billing documents to customers.

How do I do this? I found a lot of information on this subject but they do not show how to set-up in configuration for billing documents. I believe the transaction is NACE.

Thank you.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello AMS

Firstly while in VFO2/output screen, check the (Go to) Output Determination Analysis to see if the output exists in the procedure and if so whether it is not being determined because a requirement has not been met.

If the new output type is not listed in the analysis, you need to include it in the Output Determination Procedure which has been assigned to the Billing Type you are using.

To begin with check which Output Determination Procedure has been assigned to your billing type with the following IMG activity:

Menu Path: SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/Basic Functions/Output Determination/Output Determination Using the Condition Technique/Maintain Output Determination for Billing Documents/Assign Output Determination Procedures

Then add the new output type in that procedure:

SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/Basic Functions/Output Determination/Output Determination Using the Condition Technique/Maintain Output Determination for Billing Documents/Maintain Output Determination Procedure

While adding, consider if you need to use any requirement, e.g. Standard req # 62 ensures that the output is determined only if the Billing document has been released to and/or posted in Accounting.

If you have already done the above steps, may be the requirement is not being met.

Hope this helps.

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question