cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the horizon (in days) for a resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to update my resources registered in the APO Master Data so that its bucket capacity list (which currently is valid from 06.2010 to 12.2010) to become valid until 2012. However, regardless of the value registered at the field Days + the range stays from 06.2010 to 12.2010. Could anyone tell me how should I proceed?

Below is an example of a registered resource:

tab: Bucket

Resource: R

Category (Cat): P - Production

Time Zone: BRAZIL

Bucket Dimensn: Time

Factory Calendar: 99 - International

Bucket Capacity: 1

Unit: D - Days

Number of Periods: 1

Period Type: Day

Days -: 0

Days +: 1000

Moreover, after some research I found in the forum recommendations about the usage of the /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN report. However, I was not able to run it (I simply typed /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN in field on the upper right of the main screen and press the Enter button. As a result, the message "This function is not possible" was available at the bottom of the screen).

I am using the version 5.0 of the APO.

Thanks in advance for help.

Edited by: Francisco Fonseca on Jul 6, 2010 6:02 PM

Edited by: Francisco Fonseca on Jul 6, 2010 6:10 PM

Edited by: Francisco Fonseca on Jul 6, 2010 6:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francisco,

I can't think of many reasons why I would want to generate PP/DS buckets to +1000 days, but I will assume you have a valid reason.

Anyhow, the capacity time series is dependent upon the underlying factory calendar. If you have a specific calendar assigned to the resource, (General data tab in //RES01) then this is the one. Otherwise, it is the factory calendar assigned to the Plant.

Review this Factory calendar in SCAL. I believe it needs to be extended to a date farther into the future. If you are tied to an ECC system, you should also extend the Factory calendar accordingly in ECC, to keep the two Factory calendars in Synchronization.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

Did you try entering /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN in transaction

se38 followed by clicking on F8 button.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dogboy49, Sandeep Budhiraja and Senthil Mareeswaran !

The problem was solved.

Initially, I opted for running the /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN report (using se38 transaction). However, all resources remained valid until 12/2010.

So, I decided to check the calendars (via SCAL transaction) and realized that all calendars ended in 2010. Then, I created a new calendar and updated my resources with this new calendar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco

If you are trying extend the validity of the resource, then as you said that you tried extending the resource by extending the General data tab, and the validity of the resource still remains till 12.2010.

The validity of the resource if governed by a couple of things :

Validity as defined in R/3 Work center under capacity tab in the APO resource tab

In CFC9, you can define what should the validity of the resource be, when you are CIFing the resource.

Moreover, as you have righlty read in various posts across the forums, you can use the report /SAPAPO/CRES_CAPACITY_LENGTHEN to extend the validity of the resource. But I am not sure how are using this report. Please type in se38, enter this report and execute. In the next screen, enter the version, the resource and the location at which the resource exists. Click on execute and validity of the resource should increase.

Let me know if it helps.

Rgds, Sandeep