cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force scrolling to the top/bottom of alv when it opens

0 Kudos

Hi all

I have an ALV Grid having many rows so that some are not visible and you must scroll vertically to see all records.

The question is how to force the initial scroll bar position to be at the top or at the bottom ( when the grid is shown for the first time).

By default it is at the top and at the bottom in rare occurences. In the certain example i have the scrollbar initially at the bottom whereas the top position is preferred for me.

I would like to control the initial vertical scroll position of ALV grid.

Any suggestions,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Raaleksandr,

I think the question here is how did you manage to get the scroll bar to the bottom of the table?

The default is that the top of the table is displayed, I can only guess that perhaps when you have the occasion when the scroll bar is at the bottom of the table this is because the lead selection of the bound context is the last entry in the context? (possible because of the way that the entries were added to the context).

Is this the case?

Chris

0 Kudos

Hello, Chris

The case is as follows: I have 4 columns sorted and 3 numeric columns aggregated. In most of other cases the position really is initially at the top. Lead selection doesn't matter.

The question is if it's possible to controll initial scrolling position, it could solve the problem.

Though the top scrollbar position like in the case without sorting/aggregation would fit also.