Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normalization - Syndicator

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have come across a option called 'Normalization' in properties tab of destination items in Syndicator.

It says..

"

Type of normalization to apply to text values in this destination item:

􀂃

None

􀂃

Standard

􀂃

Standard with Custom Normalization

􀂃 Custom Normalization Only

*Standard normalization returns a capitalized alphanumeric string from which all spaces and punctuation are removed.

"

I am not sure what it actually does when i assign a field property as -> normilization: standerd or Standard with Custom Normalization or Custom Normalization Only.

Can anyone explain with an example.

Thanks

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Suppose you have a field with name "Short Description" in your repository.

For one Record this field has value "This is Test @ Product". You mapped this field to one of your destination item for file. Now below are the impacts of different properties of normalization:

1. None

In case of none, MDM will not normalize data and will send field value as it is i.e. "This is Test @ Product".

2. Standard normalization:

Standard normalization returns a capitalized alphanumeric string from which all spaces and punctuation are removed. So, in this case it will send "THISISTESTPRODUCT".

3. Custom Normalization Only:

with this property you have to define some custom characters which you want to be removed from the input field value. for example if you define custom character for normalization as 'T', then it will send data as "his is est @ Product". This property is case sensitive, as you can see 't' has not been removed from "product" as it is in small case.

4. Standard with Custom Normalization:

if you use this then it will remove characters as per standard normalization and custom normalization. So in our case it will send value as "HISISESTPRODUCT".

Hope this solves your question.. Please revert if any query..

Best Regards,

Shiv

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiv its Pretty clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiv,

let's say that instead of simple character we need to remove from the syndication file char caused by a [return] command in a large text field such as the Description field.

Do you have any suggestion on how to achieve it in syndication properties for the repository field?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Lorenzo

Answers (0)