cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PLM integrated with SolidWorks CAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are evaluating implementing SAP PLM. If your company is using SAP PLM with integration to SolidWorks CAD, I would like to request a brief discussion with you on your experience in using the same. (preferably discrete manufacturing industry).

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Girish,

As SAP development and special expertise partner we have done many successful CAD -> SAP integrations (ex. SolidWorks).

If you are still attempting to request a brief discussion with a end-customer please contact me at christoph.fischer@cideon.com and we can set something up.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your comment. Do you have this environment in your company ?. I am aware of what's available but my request is to communicate with an end customer who has implemented SolidWorks CAD > SAP PLM.

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with one of the posts above, Cideon has an Altium CAD integration 3rd party tool available. We have seen demo's on this and it looks very nice.

On the other hand, we have not yet procured the Cideon tool but may plan on it for our AOP in 2011 / 2012.

In the past, we already had an automated custom developed VB program that integrated our existin g PCAD and SAP, which SAP was using a BDC. Then we decided to upgrade to Altium and found that custom VB application is not scalible.

We decided to go ahead with a project to replace that completely customized VB application with a standard Portal application (using standard FM's and BAPI's) to integrate an XML BOM output from Altium directly to SAP. The process is working well and the decision to use the standard SAP BAPI's and function modules is really paying off.

Long story short, depending on the scope of the project you may be able to easily set something up in the core SAP system, leveraging R/3 or even the Portal.

But granted Cideon has thought of allot more nice bells and whistles that would be very expensive to build and sustain in house.

All the best to you, good luck.

Ed

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

the question was about SolidWorks mechanical CAD, not Alltium electronic CAD which is actually covered by Cenit.

Why don't you reach out to Cideon directly that have done many successfull implementations of SolidWorks.

Regards, Ulf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Girish,

CIDEON Interface has to be installed for SAP PLM CAD Integration with Solidworks.

Its marketed by SAP.

Although there are some other (non SAP) PLM tools for CAD DATA Management direct CAD Integration has got special advantages compared to them.

Refer the following link for further details:

http://www.cideon.com/site/us/en/cideon-us/products/sap-cad-integration/solidworks/index.php

Regards

Prasad K