cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Objects XI3.0/3.1 Universe Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I access the universe, Motor.unv ,that is used in the exercises in this course?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline, the Motors-MG universe is using an Microsoft Access database. In order to connect to it, you need to have a DSN set up. If you are not sure how to do that, you can contact either your DBA or desktop support in your company to assist.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I'll look into that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

I have contacted my tech administrator and there is no database to build a connection to. Where can I access the motors database. It is not on my server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline, the Motors database does not come with the BusinessObjects installation. If you have taken a training class, it should be provided in the class material (in a CD on the back of the training book if you have purchased the book).

Since you took a web based training instead of an instructor-led training class, I am not familiar on how the training materials are disseminated. Did they ever ask you to download the training materials? Or perhaps your BO Admin had downloaded and installed the Motors database? Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to go through the training class back then. How did you do the practice exercises?

Regardless, if you don't have it for some reason, you can always contact SAP Support for assistance.

-

If you are using the BusinessObjects tool, you should join [ASUG|www.asug.com]

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should probably contact the company that did the training rather than contacting SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you attend a training class? If you did, the material comes with (or at least it used to) a cdrom with the course materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I attended a web based training session on universe development with DATATEL. Which training session are you referring to?