Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material listing

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I use the standard material listing. But orders can be saved without listing creation. Plz help. Many thanks.

More information about SPRO:

In procedure A00001 Listing, condition type shows A001 listing while requirement shows blank.

In conditiion type A001, both "valid from" & "valid to" show blank.

A00001 has been assigned to order types.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this links;

Regards

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

Again, thanks for all your prompt reply. However, my question is not solved. Plz help further.

My key question is why order does not check material listing when material listing is activated? I have gone through the relevant information but not gotten a clue.

Background: Material listing is activated for order type OR (my configuration can be found in my first thread). No listing has been created for all the customers via VB01.

Issue: When creating order (OR), it can be saved without any message.

My request: If listing is not created, order can not be saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is how system works when it comes to LIsting. If you don't create a record for a customer in VB01, then system assumes that all materials are listed for that customer. Therefore the result is, you can create a sales order for that customer with any material.

But as soon as you create a VB01 record for that customer (Let's say material ABC), system start to assume that is the material ABC is listed for that customer. Result -> System will now NOT allow you to create a sales order other than ABC.

So my answer for your question is,

Since you don't have any VB01 records for the customer -> system assume all materials are listed, therefore sales order creation is possible with any material.

What you can do now is, Create at least a dummy record for that customer. Then system will not allow you to create any sales order without listing the material in VB01.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards,

Anupa

n_palanisami
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

Have you created the condition records for A001? Because unless you maintain a record for a customer, the system will assume that all the materials are listed for the customer and hence you can save the order for any material.