cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make the field "effective date" in Agreement empty

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is a requirement that whether we can make the field "effective date" in Agreement empty through configuration, not coding.Normally, the value of field "effective date" in Agreement comes from Master Agreement, for exampple, if create a agreement under Master Agreement, then the value of field "effective date" in Agreement atuomatically filled by the value of field "effective date" in Master Agreement.

The Customer don't want this, they just need the field "effective date" in Agreement is empty, and they can filled it manually.

Does anyone know if we can achive it by configuration? I know in " Page Customization", we can configure something, but i tried it, it does not work.

Appreciate your idea.

Thanks & Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hi Anacia,

It is still not working. Could not make the Effective Date not required. I am thinking about if we can not make those mandatory fields like Effective Date not required as some system code prevent from doing this.

Thanks & Regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi Anacia,

I have agreement object as tab in MA.

I am thinking about why the code "doc.Setaffectivedate(null);" does not work, it may be because when i click on add button under agreement tab(meaning create a agreement), the code is executing ,but after that the system copy the effective date from MA ,and the effective date comes here.

If the agreement object as a template should be ok with this code.

But i still don't understand why i can not change any feature of fields in agreement through page customization, may it be resulted from the agreement is a tab in MA

Thanks & Regards,

David

Edited by: David Gao on Jul 7, 2010 4:45 PM

Edited by: David Gao on Jul 7, 2010 4:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

- Make field not required as mentionned in my previus notif and then hide the field.

- Rename your extension like EFFECTIVE_DATE_DATE and try the following script :

- scirpting context "Document Lifecycle Event"

- use class - Agreement 1003

- code : ExtensionFieldIfc ext = doc.getExtensionField("EFFECTIVE_DATE_DATE");

ext.set(null);

question : you have agreement object as tab in MA or as template?

my solutionn based on the version 5.0 H

Regards,

Anacia

0 Kudos

Hi Anacia,

Thanks a lot for your inputs again.

I tried to hide effective date field at agreement level and also at Master Agreement level, but also failed. I am think about if the effective date field is mandatory field, so can not be hidden. But can change other attributes of effective date like lable or position etc.

I also tried to make the effective date field empty with coding use scripting context "Document Lifecycle Event" and use class - Agreement 1003 and others like you input, but it also failed. And i tried other scripting context "Field Data Edit" and the code just is "doc.setEffectiveDate(null)", it works, but it extremely slow when open the Agreement page, almost have to wait 5 mins to open it, even open it, when click on other button in agreement page, the page almost can not move to next, just staying there. I think the code input in "Field Data Edit" must affect other areas like MA etc.The strange point is when i used scripting context "Document Lifecycle Event" and use class - Master Agreement 1004 and others are like what you input, it could make the effective date field empty in MA. :(Do you have idea on this?

I also tried to achive it with configuration like what you advised. But when to create Extension Definition, it showing a error when save the definition, it's said the "Effective_Date" attribute aslo exsits in Agreement CLass. so can not create it.

I also found another strange issue. I could change the features of the fields in MA throug Page Customization and could not change any features in Agreement even all the same except Parent Class and UI ID are not same. It's really strange.

One more thing, My ESO version is 5.15.02.

Thanks & Regards,

David

Edited by: David Gao on Jul 7, 2010 5:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David :

i think you have to hide field at agreement level and also at Master Agreement leel.

i mean via page customozation you select Agreement:

- hide field ( as mentionned in my previous notif)

- make field not required:

- click on add button:

-Field ID : EFFECTIVE_DATE

- Property: Required

- Value : No

also you select MAster agreement :

- hide field ( as mentionned in my previous notif)

- make field not required:

- click on add button:

- Property: Required

- Value : No

could you try it and let me know if you have any aadditional questions

KR,

Adil

0 Kudos

Hi Anacia,

Your inputs is really helpful.Thanks a lot for your input.

Just another question.

I tried to hide the "Effective Date" in Agreement through Page Customization, but it failed,i am thinking about if it's result from the "Effective Date" field is mandatory field to be filled, so can not hide it. But i also tried hide other fields which is not mandatory field, but also failed. I checked the class id i input "contracts.agreement.ui.buyside.default" for agreement, it should be correct. But still can not change anyting for the page of agreement.:(

Thanks & Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) indeed coding is more easy to make the field "effective date" in agreeement empt :

- Setup - script - definition

- click on the create button

- Scripting Context: Document Lifecycle Event

- Class - Agreement 1004

- Target : Created

- code is the following : doc.setEffectiveDate(null);

2) without coding - config is needed:

2-1 Setup - Page Customization :

- Select Agreement

- click on add button:

- Field ID : EFFECTIVE_DATE

- Property: Hidden

- Value : Yes

- Dimension Field Type: Boolean

2-2 Setup - Extension Definition :

- Select Agreement Extensions

- Select Attribute tab

- Click on Add button

- Fill in Attribute Internal Name: EFFECTIVE_DATE

- Fill in Attribute Display Name: for instance Start Date (loacalized ressource should be created)

- Fill in Date Type : Date

2-3 Setup - Page Customization :

- Select Agreement

- click on add button:

- Property: Position

- Value : 120

- Dimension Field Type: Boolean

the summary of point 2 is :

2-1- Hide the standard effective date in agreement

2-2 Create new extension named EFFECTIVE_DATE

2-3 Add position of the new extension in User interface