cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.2 Field Focus

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

After updating to SAP GUI 7.20 I noticed that now the field focus behaves differently.

In the previous version when I typed something on a field and pressed ENTER the focus would remain on that same field, now in the newer version the focus always goes to the top field of the transaction

Is there a way to "remove" this behaviour? In my case since my work has a lot of trial and error to fill the fields this behaviour is becoming really an annoyance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click top left side of SAP Log on status bar, select option.

Here click on "interaction design", again select the 'Keyboard Setting' un-check automatic move focus to next input field... and also test other options.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast answer

Unfortunately the patch also didn't solve the problem

I'll try to describe how this is happening

I enter a transaction with several fields. I input data on the first, press tab, insert data on the second, press tab and finally I insert data on the third. On the third field I press enter in order for the transaction to "receive" the data and fill the remaining fields automatically.

In the past when I pressed Enter the cursor would stay on the exact field it was, on the third. Also, If i had typed the data on the third field and then moved the cursor to the middle of this field (for example on the 6th character out of 12) when I pressed enter the cursor would remaing on that exact same position

What is happening now is that when I press enter the cursor goes back to the first field

I need it to NOT make this because this third field can end in, for example, 641, 642, 643, 644, etc, and for each Enter that I do I only need to change one number on that field. The cursor going again to the top is really not helping!

Hope I described it well enough

Thanks again

EDIT:

On my previous reply:

"Also, If i change the theme from Signature to any other theme.. this behaviour is gone and it starts working properly again!"

Nevermind this, I re-tried this and it's not working as on 7.1 with every theme

Edited by: Alvaro Pedrosa on Jul 7, 2010 9:40 AM

alvaro_pedrosa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

That didn't work.. Also I checked around with other options and still the same behaviour

Note that this only happens on certain fields/transactions.

Also, If i change the theme from Signature to any other theme.. this behaviour is gone and it starts working properly again!

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

please install the SapguiPatch 1!

It is now available in the SAP MArketplace under

http://service.sap.com/patches

Best regards

Sven