cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload file to MIME cross client is forbidden,how to solve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a web dynpro componet and a mime in client 112.

But when I test the component in client 212(no changes to cross-clent),the file uploading does not work.

I don't want to change the cross-cilent changes attribute in T-Code SCC4.

How could I solve it?

Tks a million~~~

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>the file uploading does not work

What file uploading are you referring to? Is this functionality you programmed into your WD Component itself. If so, what exactly are you doing? Are you trying to create new MIME objects via API? If so MIME storage is subject to client settings and transport rules. If you just want to store images, consider using your own database table and storing them in an XSTRING field in that table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created the MIME repository in client 112,this client allow cross-client changes.

And I tried to add objects into MIME in client 212,this client forbid cross-client changes,it raised error that cross-client changes is not allowed.

In another hand,I store files in MIME repository for the reason I must get the file URL and transport the URL to an extenal system.

Do you have better solution?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

MIME objects are considered development objects and therefore cross-client. If you need the functionality of transports (and therefore placing the objects in the MIME), then you have to deal with the side effects that you can upload objects into closed systems or clients.