cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do used-defined field get value autoly according to other field?

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

HI, everyone

I have so a scenario.

I have created a table extension in CTR header in SRM 7.0.

I expect when a field get a value, and another filed get value automatically according to someone rule.

Is there appropriate BADI for this? or how to realize it ?

thanks

Jesse.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could implement BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for this purpose.

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

HI, Jay

Change BADI can realize it ,but a regret, when we click the "Enter" key, the BADI can be actived.

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos

when we click the "Enter" key, the BADI can be actived

For that, you'd need to have an event "onEnter" method defined for that field on WebDypro view. In this method, trigger an update related call.

former_member581526
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, jay

Sorry, I should say "Change BADI can realize it ,but a regret, when we click the "Enter" key, the BADI can not be actived."

Since the field is usered-defined, how to use an event "onEnter" ?

thank you

Jesse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your custom field on a web dynpro screen, let's say it is an "InputField", one of the property section is "Events". The default event is "onEnter" where you can define a new method by yourself. In the implementation of this method, call the update routine which would trigger BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, e.g. BBP_PD_<business object type>_UDPATE. After this is done, when the user enter some input this field, and hit "Enter" on the keyboard, the "onEner" routine would be triggered, which eventually triggers your BADI implementation that populates the other field.