cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeating Alerts from UDF for same error (message ID)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have created a UDF that validates and incoming message and triggeres an alert if the validation rules are not met. The problem is that we are receiving several alerts for the same error (message ID), even after setting the "Max. No. Of Dels" option on the Alert Category in transaction ALRTCATDEF. It wasn't necessary to create a alert rule for this in the RWB because the alert is triggered directly inside the UDF. The max number of retries on the SOAP adapter has also been set to 1 but we are still getting repeating alerts for the same error (message ID).

If someone has encountered a similar problem in the past, please can you share the solution?

Thanks and regards,

Brendon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Did u check in IE if the report has been scheduled for retry of failed messages ..

Check the same..it will retry for every 5 min of interval upto the 30 times...

I think report name is RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES...(not sure the name)

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I think this solved the problem. Thanks a million.

Thanks and regards,

Brendon

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rajesh, I will give this a try. It sounds like this might work. Thank you. I will let you know.

Regards,

Brendon

former_member192079
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is not wrong, you are getting multiple alert for Mapping failure in UDF.

then I advice you not to change any Retry parameter for IServer or specific adapter as well.

the RWB -> Supress option will help, in case where a mail message reached Inbox, and further same incoming alert messageID

will be Supressed

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the Alert is triggered directly from the UDF, it wasn't necessary to create an Alert Rule inside the RWB. Therefore, one cannot Suppress Multiple Alerts in the RWB because there is no Alert rule in the RWB.

Thanks

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the Suppress Multiple Alerts of this Rule option in RWB?